Has anyone noticed

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the tellers are now saying they have to go into the vault to get half dollars?

There were two major banks that I visited last Friday. Both had half dollars but they had to retrieve them from the vault :icon_scratch:.
That in and of itself is not really out in left field, what is out in left field is that it took quite some time to retrieve the half dollars
from the vault. At both banks, different banks not just branches, the rolls were all hand rolled and were the same type of wrapper.

I am wondering if Brinks, Loomis or Garda are only delivering bags now and the banks have to roll their own. It was the first
time this has ever happened to me and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Instead of a five or six minute transaction, it took almost 1/2 hour total for the two banks. I only ordered $100.00 from each.

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
IM not sure it will help, but I started CRH'ing in May or so, and I cant remember a time when they said or did anything different. I ask the question, and if they do have any halves, the response is..... I need to go grab them out of the vault, which there also has to be two people go in together. I also have gotten screwed twice because I guess the banks balance out sometimes a couple hours before they close, so on two seperate occasions I have went in to grab my box(es) and they said, sorry. We balanced the vault already, and so we cant get your halves out until tomorrow. Weird.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
I have also had this happen several times, all relatively close to the banks closing times. So im inclined to believe it is indeed related to their balance of the vault.

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
I have a bank that had ordered in a bag of halves and the guy did not take them. For them to store them they had to put them in wrapers for some reason. I started to look through them one day as they let me have a room in the bank to do so. Got through some of them an found that like almost everything in my area conerning halves that these too were marked up with green, red, black and purple dots. I just gave them back to the teller and thanked her for her trouble. :'(

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yeah it's tough getting good old coins from the banks...people are snatching them up...good luck all. :icon_thumright:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have had that happen a time or two as well. Generally, the vault is good news as they have been stored for a while--but I don't find that often.

Good Luck with school this year! It is around the corner. :tongue3:

apush :read2:

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Perhaps they are getting them from bags off their coin counter. Those could easily be handrolled at the bank. How many manufacturers of hand roll wrappers are there? With people wanting them all the time now, why send them back just to order more.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave5710 said:
Perhaps they are getting them from bags off their coin counter. Those could easily be handrolled at the bank. How many manufacturers of hand roll wrappers are there? With people wanting them all the time now, why send them back just to order more.

No machine at either bank, that is what has me puzzled. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions