Has anyone seen that crh book??

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone on here was talking about a crh book some one was putting out? Has any one read it ???:BangHead:

Coin Roll Hunters don't read.

That's why the same questions get asked over and over and over and over.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a book i would never buy. the internet is full of FREE valueable information, afterall, how many have stumbled across this section of treasurenet by accident and got hooked? :)

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a book i would never buy. the internet is full of FREE valueable information, afterall, how many have stumbled across this section of treasurenet by accident and got hooked? :)

But how many actually take the time to read what is on here?

Most just ask the same questions.

Reading is hard.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and to the amazon preview of the book, what a crappy version, half the letters are taken out(obviously to encourage you to purchase the story), but really, it's quite barren.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that needs to read a book to learn about CRH'ing, shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Duh.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, actually saw it at Barnes and Noble yesterday when I went to buy my copy of a British treasure hunting magazine (which ironically costs more to subscribe to via airmail than it does to go to B&N and buy each issue every month). It was fairly basic, no groundbreaking information, but I don't see it having any negative effect to the hobby. EVERY coin magazine or book will at least briefly mention CRHing, or at the very least cherrypicking from dealers which is the same principle. And I'd bet the majority of us could have (or did!) come up with CRHing on our own.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my current reading material.

Gotta love the birthday season

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the kindle version at amazon. I read it in about an hour and a half. If you've been plucking silver for a couple months it's not going to teach you any new tricks. A person that is new to CRH and hasn't found our forum yet would learn a great deal.

Last edited:

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought the kindle version at amazon. I read it in about an hour and a half. If you've been plucking silver for a couple months it's not going to teach you any new tricks. A person that is new to CRH and hasn't found our forum yet would learn a great deal.

Yep, I read through it too, and came to the same conclusion. I'm just glad I didn't have to buy it - working at a bookstore has its advantages ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread