Has anyone used a Gold n Sand with md 20

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No but when I use my goldnsand, it is a couple feet under water so even if it was totally waterproof, I doubt I'd hear it ...what prospecting situation are you imagining using the setup in?

BTW, I bet Red Wilcox, the inventor, would love this general idea!

OP
OP
L

LostinBolton

Mar 28, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin, I always reading your post. I was thinking of using in small rivers and brooks in NH and CT. I maybe taking a trip to Alaska this summer also but not on my plan, my girl friend wants to do the cruise style. I have been thinking of combining the MD20 and a goldnsands to maximize my collections. How deep deep can the MD20 read tones from? 2 inches I think would let me know if I should keep sucking before I move to a new area. It was kind of a Colorado haft baked idea if you know what I mean... If it work like I am thinking could be a great combo... Never seen or heard of it being done... Maybe I should give Red a call...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
my Falcon MD10 would only read from 1 inch. it is the same freq (300)as the MD20 except with earphones. i think the gold would have sliped down lower than that..............

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Contacting Red via the goldnsand website to ask about this is a really good idea. He's a great guy and, although he's in the middle of producing a tv show, he'll probably get right back to you. If that doesn't work send me a PM and I'll help you get his attention.

Facts I think I know: pin pointers like the. MD20 have to be right on top of the gold, definitely within an inch or so. Hearing it while in a stream, with it on the end of the goldnsand will mean you don't always hear it.

PS thanks for your kind words about my forum participation :)

OP
OP
L

LostinBolton

Mar 28, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my Falcon MD10 would only read from 1 inch. it is the same freq (300)as the MD20 except with earphones. i think the gold would have sliped down lower than that..............

Russ au... Earphones would be needed. I have a plan for the rest that might be a good combo...

1Beachnut

Greenie
Apr 3, 2011
I would guess you do not have the MD-20 yet, as if you did, you would know they are only good within an inch or so and black sands would have your ear's a ringing from all the noise it would make around black sands. Watch the video's on the MD-20,,, "go to the gold,,, and away from the black sand" BEEP BEEP!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L

LostinBolton

Mar 28, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the MD20 yet but from what I have seen you have a positive and negative tone... Not sure which you would follow but I would go toward positive tone... I am working on getting the combo to test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions