Has anyone used a Heckler highbanker ???

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had them start building my custom sluice for my dredge. They do really good work from everywhere I have read about them thats why I choose them. Call Greg he is very helpful and will answer any questions you may have.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MoD,
The link you provided shows some well made gear but, have you ever looked at Angus MacKirk high bankers? Also, CASluicebox makes high bankers and it is worth while looking at their "boil box" in action as it flat out cleans the rocks though I'd guess clay would be tough to blast off the rocks for any of them. The CASluicebox are plastic, might be a bit on the thin side. I think the MacKirk plastic is 1/4". Good Success with your adventure...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
masterofdisaster

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info..it will be this fall before i am ready to try highbanking. next week is florida beach hunting..one vacation at a time here..but trying to prep for the highbanker trip now

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st things first-wack off them 90 degree angle pvc on feedins-there are at least 4 on the feed in and all 90's cost ya 12-18% of your velocity and gpm. Feed in STRAIGHT from the bottom(or top even) and eliminate that strange hose running under the hopper as just asking to be sliced off and definately in your way. Then smaller pump or lower speeds on your engine will make ya a much happier miner. Needs punchplate with rubber mat under the hopper at feedin to get the gold asap and waaaaaaaaay tooooooo long. Once velocity is built from motion much harder to recover the gold. Must get it asap as longer has proven by miners since the 1800's to be quite ineffective as most of our paystreaks are mostly nothing but what was lost by their lousy designed LONG BOXES. Just like all commercial units many MANY tweaks needed for proper running and righteous recovery but like all doable-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My My, the things I see but fail to have them register. Thanks Hoser

And Michigan, have fun on any and all of your adventures - I began in Detroit and slowly migrated out west and once I saw the mountains, rivers, forests and could go explore to my hearts content well, I've not gone back very often. I do miss not hunting in farmers fields with father and brother, back when it was a hand shake to use their property....63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic stories by 63 and the best talkn' binge I've been in on for years and great to meet/greet and jabberjaw with a true nature respectn' outsdoorsmen like you 63-nuttn' but respect for you bud-tons a au 2 u2 -John---and that monster .454 :notworthy:

2 dogs

Feb 11, 2014
montana
Detector(s) used
mine lab extara 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
member WMA,PLP,GPAA, LAST CHANCE GOLD

Havent heard much about Heckler Fabrication on here..I put it in the search bar and got one hit is all..
8' x 10" Commercial - High Volume Highbanker For Gold Prospecting this unit looks pretty nice..but being a newbie was hoping to get an opinion..i am deciding on a packable one, or a larger one.. thanks brian

Brian Greg Hill at heckler fab. is a great guy to work with, they will build your hi banker to your specs. if you don't know quite what you want greg is the man. lots of years mining has him dialed into what works. he just built me a custom sluice and hopper box.
2 dogs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread