Has anyone used the Aurora Aqua Pulse wrist-held detector?

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Bryan
I actually bought one around 3 years ago. It worked ok... depth wasn't great... only around 2-3 inches. It did have the identify feature, much like the white's beachhunter id...

for the price, I wasn't overly impressed with it. I took it on several dives with me, but in all practicality, it was awkward to use. If you want an example, try this tonite... lay on your living room floor, and try to pass the underside of your wrist over the ground... It was a bit of an awkward angle.

I'd used it once or twice in obscure, out of the way locations, but the depth wasn't great, and the "coil" is so small, coverage isn't the best. As for "stealthy"... just remember, it is still a MD and will get you in trouble if you're in a prohibited area.

Mostly, I used it as a glorified pinpointer on steroids. When It was on your wrist, it was easy to get it into a hole and "scan" the sides underwater.

It is ok for what it is, but i'll keep my excal and vibraprobe. I think I still have it... I can't remember if i sold it on ebay last summer... I'll check for you.

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread