Has anyone used this detector

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't used that thing. Read my signature line below.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK ... what exactly makes this detector qualify for the title of "Profesional"?
First off it is a cheap made detector and I doubt that you would ever see a "profesional" carrying one unless it was to the trash bin.

Look ... this is one of very few hobbies that will PAY YOU BACK the more you use it.
Do you really want something that is inferior in performance and/or quality?
Get an good American made detector or a Minelab.
Buy it used and if you ever want to trade it or sell it you will get most if not all your money back.
Plus you can keep all the money and jewelry you find with it.

Really ... this is a no brainer ... dont go on the cheap for a detector ... you are cheating yourself.

If you really can not afford $350 for a decent used detector then save up until you can.

Willee

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were to buy a cheap detector, I would consider buying the MD9300 from Amazon. It is under a $100 and the electronics in it were copied from an older Whites. That doesn't mean the quality is the same though.

I started with an Eagle Spectrum I picked up from Craigslist for $150. Great machine, but it was too heavy for me. I sold it for $250 and bought a couple of Tesoro's.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why anyone would waste their money on that, when they could put that money towards a real detector is beyond me. Now true it would probably find a five gallon bucket full of nails buried, but most of us aren't looking for nails, and its not going to find what most of us are hunting for.

Save your money up, and buy a real detector. There are some good used detectors on the "for sale" board that will give you 10 times the buck for your money compared to that. Heck, I have a Whites Classic ID with the "Mr Bill mod" for sale that is 100 times the detector that is for only twice the money......

Sandmans signature line is so true............Don't waste time you will never get back.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well gee, that was kind of the point of my post. You can buy a quality used detector for a little more. That would be why I said that didn't mean the quality was the same. What is it with some of you guys having to have the last word and be right about everything?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
Well gee, that was kind of the point of my post. You can buy a quality used detector for a little more. That would be why I said that didn't mean the quality was the same. What is it with some of you guys having to have the last word and be right about everything?

:dontknow:

GIBH, what is the problem? We basically agreed with what you said, was no one suppose to post after you did?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apoligize, I guess I just took it the wrong way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions