Has man been everywhere on the planet?

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin keeps telling me there are places that man has never been to. I'm not sure I go along with him. So, are there places on the planet that man has never been to? Even in the United States are there places that are virgin to the eyes or feet of man? Bear in mind that we live in the western United States so I am thinking that my cousin is thinking in the western US there may be places such as this....untouched by man. It's kind of hard for me to believe. What with prospectors, deer hunters, pioneers, farmers, thousands or tens of thousands of the existence of man.... Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? I believe the deer hunters and prospectors have covered any area they could think of.
Nicholas

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes... some remote places in South America and 90% of the ocean's sea floor. Since the Earth is covered in 75% ocean that is 3 miles deep everywhere it means that people have not been to most of the planet.

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Center of the Earth, (a.k.a. halfway to China). I don't think the scientists even agree on what the definition of "center" is in this case.
That and my ugly cousins bedroom. The scientists agree she is the definition of "ugly".

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
As the polar regions melt, ground that has been covered in ice for a hundred thousand years is being uncovered for the first time since we began to walk upright.

I've yet to find a spot when I'm 'tecting that isn't littered with human trash. Might have to go to the polar caps for clean ground... but then no coins- ahhh the irony of it all.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Then there's discoveries like this: Body of Ancient Man Found in West Canada Glacier - NYTimes.com

Don't forget Otzi…

oetzl3.jpg
Otzi/Oetzi the Mummy

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its all ways nice to think there are such places. Up north I had that feeling as a youth. Been in some swamps that looked pristine while slogging through places most sane folks would skirt.. As G.I.B. alluded to lack of litter and possible accompanying coins is rare. We have littered on the moon and Everest. Hopefully that,s not the reason to go there but sign is evident. If we could see footprints from all time there may be some gaps still.

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrow in the back. He had been up and down that mountain in a short span for some reason and had a reasonably full belly. Hope it was not over a woman...

It was clearly road rage. Notice the look on the Mummie's face. That's the look of someone who was cut off.

Snipes

Jan 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As someone said lots of the land "under the sea" is definitely unexplored. As far as on land I am reasonably doubtful that there are many places a man has not at one point walked. Some land under glaciers and newly exposed glacial lands probably havent been walked in a long time if at all. But I think large areas in certain places on the globe havent been accurately explored, surveyed etc. Theres a big difference in someone having been there and people really knowing whats there. MY opinion of course...

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone sailed on water over the ocean bottom that would count as being there. Come on. Is that the best Texas can come up with? And center of the earth? Taking this further, if someone has been on a glacier that would also count as being there even if the glacier hadn't melted. Some of the answers are even more ridiculous than the question. I appreciate the serious answers though. I guess I should expect as much from the internet.
Nicholas

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think there are areas in the US Nobody has stepped on yet like parts of the Deserts & Grand Canyon
to name a few

Last edited:

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone sailed on water over the ocean bottom that would count as being there. Come on. Is that the best Texas can come up with? And center of the earth? Taking this further, if someone has been on a glacier that would also count as being there even if the glacier hadn't melted. Some of the answers are even more ridiculous than the question. I appreciate the serious answers though. I guess I should expect as much from the internet.
Nicholas

Sailing on top of is not the same as exploring the caves, mountains, canyons, and vast structures at the bottom of the ocean. With your line of thinking you can say you have been to Mt. Everest if your plane flew over it. Don't think so.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicholas

Try fabric softener in your Scooby-Doo underwear...

The world will seem to be a happier place.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are places out in the Florida swamps that I would not be a bit surprised if white men had never seen them. Maybe native Americans either.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailing on top of is not the same as exploring the caves, mountains, canyons, and vast structures at the bottom of the ocean. With your line of thinking you can say you have been to Mt. Everest if your plane flew over it. Don't think so.

Of course it's not the same as exploring but that was not the question. Do they understand English in Texas?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arrow in the back. He had been up and down that mountain in a short span for some reason and had a reasonably full belly. Hope it was not over a woman...

his wife probably sent him out for diapers or something

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to answer you question. I used ( as a younger man) to backpack in many mountainous regions. I am certain there are places no human has been.
Of course now they may find my petrified poop..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread