Has this happened to anyone else when coil batts get low???

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Deus out for a little hunting this afternoon and even tho I noticed only one bar left on the battery I figure it should be enough, as I only plan to hunt a hour or 2 at the most. Well, sure enough after a hour or so the coil icon on the remote starts flashing and shows no battery bars left.
After about 10 minutes the coil craps out completely and the remote shows no coil found. So I shut the remote off and as I am walking off the beach and calling it a day the headphones start beeping. I take the phones (Deteknix w/puck) off and look at the puck and it shows the puck still connected to the coil. Well, I thought what the heck and went back down to the beach to continue hunting for another 30 minutes and then I called it quits. The coil was still working through the headphones when I left.

Just thought I would throw this out there, I didn't care for hunting without the remote but I thought it might come in handy if you ever wanted to stretch another hour out of your hunt.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird but ok. This wireless system is really quirky. I take it that the remote still had plenty of juice and it was only the coil that disconnected from the remote.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird but ok. This wireless system is really quirky. I take it that the remote still had plenty of juice and it was only the coil that disconnected from the remote.

Yes, Remote and puck batteries were at 2 or three bars. Remote showed coil going from 1 bar to flashing for a few minutes then dropped coil completely and could not find any coil. Headphones also did not pick up coil while remote was on.

After shutting the remote off, in few seconds the headphones suddenly picked up the coil and worked for over half hour more.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strange, but wouldn't expect less from the Deus lol... Love my machine!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has this happened to anyone else?

Several times, I thought my headphone batteries died. I got the "musical tone", then they went dead. At my buddy's suggestion, I tried turning them on again, and they were perfectly good, with 2/3 or a charge remaining. He said that he happens to him often, ever since the 4.0 upgrade. It has happened to me twice since the first time.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Deus sits in my bedroom and some time when i walk by i see it blink at rest.
One time after little use i walked by and waited no blinking so i tried it ...it was dead .
I have no expatiation...just did it once so far...i`m still keeping an eyes on that Frenchie !
Gary

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has this happened to anyone else?

Several times, I thought my headphone batteries died. I got the "musical tone", then they went dead. At my buddy's suggestion, I tried turning them on again, and they were perfectly good, with 2/3 or a charge remaining. He said that he happens to him often, ever since the 4.0 upgrade. It has happened to me twice since the first time.

Yeah, happens to me every now and then since upgrading to v4. My typical hunts are 8+ hours... It doesn't happen every hunt, but has happened about a dozen times or more. I just turn my ws4 puck back on and keep going. Heard it from others as well... Should be a v4 issue and hopefully it'll be resolved when 4.1 releases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread