Hate digging clad? Here is something interesting (and challenging) you can do with it.

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I had this gallon jug I had been throwing pocket change into for years. One day I sorted it out and bought Whitman coin folders for the dimes, quarters and nickels. It was surprising how many slots I filled with just pocket change. If you went to the bank and got rolls and searched them, you could find all of the clad, of course.

But what is challenging about that, you say? Well, nothing, but you can make it challenging to replace them all with pieces you have dug. It is also surprising how many slots you can fill doing that. When I come home with a bunch of dug clad, I always get out the folders and check to see if I have a new dug date. If I do, I pop out the one from my pocket change and replace it with the dug piece.

Here is a photo of my Roosevelt dime folder showing how many I have been able to replace with dug pieces.
20231223_214640.jpg

There are empty slots that I could not fill from my pocket change, and I have not taken the time to search bank rolls for them. There are empty slots like that in the quarter folders, too, and it is surprising how many of the slots I am filling with dug pieces.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread