Haunted House Treasure In Illinois

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the hill's & forest of Southern Illinois on a lonely Hill at the edge of the woods sits a Old Old Home Surrounded by Huge old Tree's, the House sits in a unusual spot for a house of it's time halfway down the hill with a Old Celler under the home,No Paint on this house that anyone can remember,but, it stands like a temple,showing no further age in the last 100 years,, it has always looked the same,
I knew one of the people,a friend of mine,,which last lived in this home, He told me a rather Odd Story about a Light that would hover around the Pasture late at night,,the light would float around all over as if it were looking for something of value,,but,,for some reason the Glowing light would never leave the Pasture area until it disapeared , It is said that the light was the ghost of a man who was beheaded by his angry Wife & that it was his spirit floating around looking for his head, The law had been called several times to this location by people that had seen the light,,the law could never seem to do anything ,but sit & watch it in amazement disapear into the celler of the old house,,One night my friend's Grandmother was watching the ball of light out in the Pasture, she was rather uneasy that night since she had just lost her beloved husband & was now alone in the house,,She watched the light float back & forth acrossed the hillside & disapear into the Celler below,,after in few more minutes of staring out the old window,, the lonely old woman,, She grew tired & decided to lay down, No sooner than she had,,something appeared in the doorway of her bedroom,, it was a rather light transparent form Of a Human ,but, should couldn't tell if it was male or female until it floated across the room to the foot of her bed,, the form was indeed Female,,She didn't know what to expect next,but, the Ghost lifted it arm & motioned for her to follow,,She didn't know what to do but to follow the spirit to see what it wanted to show her, She follow it out of the bedroom out the front door & to the Celler Doorway,, She was very scared didn't know what to expect,,the spirit then motioned her to follow again,,it then floated down the old broken down stairway & into the one room Celler & stopped in front of the Old Rock Celler wall,,It lifted it arm & motioned as if to command the wall to slide open,,it did & a very bright glowing light was behind the wall & a very full container of Gold & Gems Sit on one side behind the wall & a very old looking rocking chair on the other side, the spirit then floated up & into the Rocker,,the Wall then slammed shut very hard,,MY friend's Grandmother was now in total darkness,,she felt her way back up the stairs & hurried into the house,, the next day she told my friend what had happened the night before,he at first laughed at her,,but then he seen that she was for sure serious, he said that he could tell by what he called a fear in her eyes that he had never seen before, he went into the old Celler not knowing what to expect, looked over the wall & couldn't tell anything was there,but seen his grandmothers footprints in the Dusty floor,, He Found a few of his friends,they went into the Celler determined to see what was behind that wall,,they used a large railroad Prybar & tried to pry the Wall Open, it would open just a bit ,,then Slam shut,,he swore it to be true & after that He never went back into the Celler again,,the Light in the pasture has never been seen again,,all Seems to be well at this old home on the hill now,The Home is now no longer occupied & sits as a Empty reminder to those that have seen the glowing light float across hill in the shadows of the night,,The Old house still shows no further age, It is Empty,The Spirit seems to be at rest now!!,OR IS IT? :o :o :o

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get in touch with the owner and see about knocking a hole in the wall. be surprise what a sludge hammer can do. It looks like the ghost wanted it to be found if she show someone where it was. Do some research and see who owns it and try to get the permission. That's what I would do.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geckokid said:
I don't believe in haunted houses or Ghosts.
They do not exist.

Pretty bold statement there. Remember this little quote:

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horacio."

I have seen and heard a lot of things in my life, and I am here to tell you that haunted houses and ghosts DO exist.

Best-Mike

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hummm is this house for sale? am dying to know....

OP
OP
L

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys: I have to tell you,,,I did write this as kindof a scary story for Halloween night,, but,, it is true,, the Old house is still there, maybe I can get a pic of it to show you,,I don't know if the owners want to sell? I guess the house looks as old as it could ever look, as I have never seen a change in it since I was a small Boy, im 53 now,,there has never been any paint on this house,it's just there,, When my friends grandfather passed away,,my friend found money tucked away everywhere,,but,, his Grandmother swore that she had just layed down to rest,,wasn't asleep & there was a Spirit that came into the room to the foot of her bed & it wanted her to follow,,she did end up in that old celler, My friend seen her footprints in there,,he was afraid to stay in the Celler,,I guess I would be too!! Who knows?? Maybe there is something behind that wall,,but,,im not going in that place!!!! I have never seen a spirit,,don't know if they exist, I do know that old house would be what I would consider to look like a haunted house,,, if there is such a thing!!!
Les

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Supposedly, larger amounts of Gold that has been buried for some time emits a blueish gas like cloud, similar to what you describe. So go the stories out west. Never know????

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's not a treasure behind that wall. Maybe it's the remains of a murder victim that can't rest until someone finds their remains and they get a propr burial. I love watching shows like "A Haunting " on the discovery channel and there has been similar stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread