Haunted house

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Happy holidays everyone.Guess i should wait till halloween for this one but i need the room in my pics.And i have a lot of old relics and old iron from this site.I started hunting here around may of 06.and i spent months here.I called it haunted house because its on a hill and the trees around it were cut down.Everytime i went the wind would be blowing and the tin top would be clanging and the doors inside would be opening and closing..I never found a good coin here at all.I did find a lot of relics and a lot of old bullets.One funny note of this place is i researched it for a good while.I stopped by a mans house living close to it and asked permission.He said it was fine to hunt and showed me where a gate was so i wouldn't have to walk the mile.Months later when i saw him again he said he wished he could find the owner!The house best i can tell is is at least 150 yrs old.There is a old barn close by i did find some wheaties .And a water mill about half a mile away.Iwill try and post pics of the finds later.Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 702
  • IM000990.jpg
    IM000990.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 702
  • IM000989.jpg
    IM000989.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 710
  • IM000993.jpg
    IM000993.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW - looks fun!

Hope you find lots to post!

HH

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Looks something like the Amityville Horror house. Hope it works out for you. Good luck and wear a crucifix!
Bob

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Look for the trash pit. Dig that sucker. 150 years old has to have some nice old whiskey and bitters bottles. Could be worth some nice scratch!

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hey, Wolfbite, go to the web site of the county government that old house is in. Most North Carolina counties have GIS based maps in their tax department sections. You can get the name and address of the property owner by doing a plat search. If you need further help with how to do this, just let me know.

Mike

OP
OP
Wolfbite

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Skrimpy said:
Look for the trash pit. Dig that sucker. 150 years old has to have some nice old whiskey and bitters bottles. Could be worth some nice scratch!
I'm an bottle digger from way back.Thats excellant advice but i never could find a trash pit.The logger trucks or dozers packed the land around the house.I never found one single bottle even under the house.But you have gave me insight to some other places i've been.And i may go back and check the bottoms there as well.Thank you

OP
OP
Wolfbite

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Trash Digger said:
Hey, Wolfbite, go to the web site of the county government that old house is in. Most North Carolina counties have GIS based maps in their tax department sections. You can get the name and address of the property owner by doing a plat search. If you need further help with how to do this, just let me know.

Mike
Found it thank you.I have a few other houses i couldn't find the owner as well.This will help me a great deal.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Cool spot,wonder why the house is jacked up? Looks like someone was planning on moving the house or just the opposite,the house was moved to that spot? Maybe why you arent finding much. Looks like some difficult hunting though. I have a couple of spots similar to that,the weeds are so thick its difficult to get the coil close to the ground around most of the houses. Im hoping in the spring the dead weeds will have add decayed and I will be able to hunt better...HH

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That house looks familiar! Is it anywhere near Hanging Rock State Park in N.C.? I hunted some houses in the fall up near there and one looked exactly like that house. I had some people with me that got so spooked at the doors bumping open and shut inside with the wind blowing that they left me there to walk back on my own. I don't spook easy.

HH,
Ramapirate

OP
OP
Wolfbite

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ramapirate said:
That house looks familiar! Is it anywhere near Hanging Rock State Park in N.C.? I hunted some houses in the fall up near there and one looked exactly like that house. I had some people with me that got so spooked at the doors bumping open and shut inside with the wind blowing that they left me there to walk back on my own. I don't spook easy.

HH,
Ramapirate
Yes its 10 miles northeast from the park.I had other people with me that did the same.One time i was deep under the house and a storm came up kinda cool.I love storms.If you were north of danbury it could have been the same place.So thats why i didn't find any coins. :o

OP
OP
Wolfbite

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
shootist said:
Cool spot,wonder why the house is jacked up? Looks like someone was planning on moving the house or just the opposite,the house was moved to that spot? Maybe why you arent finding much. Looks like some difficult hunting though. I have a couple of spots similar to that,the weeds are so thick its difficult to get the coil close to the ground around most of the houses. Im hoping in the spring the dead weeds will have add decayed and I will be able to hunt better...HH
The pics are misleading.The back of the house where i took the pic was beside a chimney.Rain water washed the back out a lot.I found pleats to old overalls about 6 inches deep in that ditch.The well had been covered up with a great weight holding it down.I took a magnet with me but it was too heavy.The front of the house had boards missing .I did take pics at ground level but deleted them a while back.It was very growed up i had little space to hunt.There were several old buildings around it that had only tin parts and nails left.I would love to go back and hunt there again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread