Have any of your detectors seem to perform better?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a minute here... Or when you pass over that "aluminum can" or other "crap" in the ground you might actually be passing over a big or small jar of pennies or silver coins or worse a jar of gold coins. While single coins might only be 5-6" deep where you go a buried stash/cache will probably be 8" to 10" or even 12" deep if not more & will show up like a large can would or big trash. Also if it is just a can that can could very well be masking a good target very close to it. DIG it all if possible, I've been hunting trashy grounds alot & twice just 2day I found a penny within a hole with 2-3 large old iron nails. One of the pennies (59'D) & 2 nails were deep like a good 8" deep & in same hole I found 3 very small metal button/snaps (all 3 of em put together are smaller than the penny).

Bent rusty big old Iron nails were trying to mask the good targets but I knew from experience there were was going to be good & bad targets in that hole from the way my detector acted.

Oh i agree with ya on that, but my experience just was junk, It kills me to think of the possibiility that i passed up a jar/cache but i guess im not that optimistic lol

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
This is not brag, just facts. I bought an XLT a bit over 10 years ago brand new. From day one, If I can pick up a target, I can pinpoint it dead on. That is, on a coin, I can insert my probe in the ground and touch the coin. Now with larger targets at say 2', I can move in on the edge and outline the target. I think it's all a matter of how much quality you want to pay for when you buy. That XLT was top of the line when I bought it and as far as I am concerned, it still is. Frank

The XLT pinpoints like dream. It is probably the best general purpose metal detector I have ever owned. I bought mine back in 2003 after I sold my Garrett GTAx 1250, and have owned Minelab and Tesoro units since then. I always come back the XLT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread