spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever been the mark of a prank, or had a practical joke played on you? Well I surely have was on the losing side, and although I can look back at it now and laugh, it wasn't very funny back then, it was a real serious matter.

I would love to hear yours and give you this open forum to vent a little, as I will.

This actually happened before I was even a teenager and up to this point I never pulled a prank, stunt, or joke on anyone. Maybe this is what lead me down the dark road of practical jokes. I want to give you a little insight so that you may better understand what was to come.

I grew up in a tough part of NY, a little borough called The Bronx. I guess our only claim to fame was a little movie staring Paul Newman called "Fort Apache, The Bronx". I lived not too far from that area and as a kid, I did visit that neighborhood as I had friends there. Believe me, that movie was like a Disney flick compared to what really happened there and yes, the precinct was under fire from arrows, that is a fact!

Well my neighborhood was a little better than there, but not by much. At one time this area was predominately Irish and Italian. I was just blocks away from "Little Italy in the Bronx", as well as Dion and the Belmonts, from Belmont Ave. In essence I was in the middle of 2 worlds. We saw our share of crime, had our neighborhood junkies and glue sniffers for sure. Even in spite of this the neighborhood was still decent, although on the fast tract of declining. We had great shopping areas, and the Bronx Zoo was just 3 blocks away.

The Incident

I was lucky my friend Bobby's grandmother was the superintendent for a building around the corner from me. We were lucky because his landlord let us use the basement for a club, which was furnished with sofas and chairs tossed from the area. During the summertime we were always outside playing, stickball, tag, off the curb, skully and every other game imaginable. In the wintertime we stayed in the club and played our stereo and listened to music.

Well we had a little bodega that was catty cornered to our building, and it had been robbed at gunpoint during one winter week. A few weeks after this incident, one of our friends Joey F, decided to scare the guys from the bodega. Without saying a word to anyone he had taken an old WWI Mauser outside. Joey put a kerchief like an old western robber and told them to freeze as they were locking up the store. Being the rocket scientist that Joey was, he just ran back into the cellar and told everyone he was going home. He never mentioned to anyone what had just transpired.

Needless to say, within 5-6 minutes we saw a ton of police lights on the 2 sides of the building and being kids we wanted to see what was happening. Before we were able to reach the outside door, we were facing several police with their guns drawn. I tell you, at 11, or 12, I had never looked down the barrel of a gun until that day. That gun looked the size of a cannon, then we heard FREEZE

Luckily Bobby's father was upstairs and he was an attorney. It took some time to sort out everything that happened and we were so lucky to walk away unscathed. I was sure that I was going to be getting my first JD card. Luckily back then times were a bit different, had it happened today I would have already been serving time.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Did they find out it was Joey?
When I was real young & freshly married I was working in a large tank welding shop. There were these huge, ancient rollers for rolling plate into tanks, & some guys were under them cleaning. There was 6 inches of dust & trash under them & I guess one of them found a long-dead cockroach that was about 4-5 inches long. One of the guys brought a can of soup for lunch & 2 pieces of bread in a baggie, so they put the roach between the bread then in the sandwich baggie then replaced one of my sandwiches in my lunch with the roach. We sat down to eat & everybody was there, which was a little strange, I pulled out a sandwich & was about to take a bite when I felt a big lump in the middle. I opened the bread & see the biggest friggen roach Ive ever seen, jumped off my stool & threw it down. Dont know why but I just thought it was my wife who did this & I WAS PISSED!!! I guess that was half the fun for those jackasses, watching me pace & cuss & swear vengence on my wife. I finally realized it was my co-workers who punk'd me & I felt like quite the ass. :-\

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please place your favorite pranks here so I can archive them :laughing9:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
There was nothing sacred in the underground coal mine workplace . One of the more benign
pranks I pulled was to put a live rat in a coworker's dinner bucket late in the shift after we had eaten lunch .
He came to work the next night terribly beaten .
Instead of him cleaning out his bucket himself he went home and put it on the kitchen sink
and went to bed ....... His wife opened the bucket and a live rat ran up her arm .....
Her revenge on her husband for the prank 'he' had pulled on her was to take an iron skillet to
the bedroom and serverely beat her sleeping husband .

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
I used to work as a security officer at a private lake. One summer the neighboring farmer who also happened to be a county deputy purchased a red bull to put in his pasture. The bull decided that he liked grazing in the lake in amongst the expensive homes by himself rather then in his pasture. Every time he would get out which was daily all most we was having to call down to the S.O to get the deputy to come get his bull. Well one Friday the bull got out and instead of calling the deputy, I called the dispatch and asked her to tell the officer that the lake security was having BBQ bull cook out the next day and he was invited being as he was donating the beef. Needless to say he removed the bull and we never seen it again.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family and went to my mom's this past x-mas, We gave out our gifts, then ate dinner. We then opened our gifts from them, My oldest brother says oh I forgot one. He comes carrying this huge box in " this is for you " so I thought I hit the jackpot. After the wrapping paper and the duck tape I pull out a slightly smaller box. Mind yuh this went on for 10 minutes, good wrapping and about 5-6 boxes, I finally get to the bottom and theirs a grocery bag wadded up I pick it out opened it and there was a big azz onion I threw it at them. They know I hate onions. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread