Have you ever almost threw away something thinking it was junk/scrap .?

OP
OP
GroundS.KeepeR

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
''Borman fuse'' Not much.. but hey its CW!

Attachments

• borman 048.jpg
    borman 048.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 235
S

stefen

Threw my MD unit away instead of my weed whip...damn stupid of me :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once, and I did toss it. Was a worn flat silver coin bent into a love token.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done it quite a few times now :dontknow: but I did manage to recover them :laughing9: this was the last one, 13th century Heraldic Pendant 8)

SS

Attachments

• pendant 2.jpg
    pendant 2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 155

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was in England with a metal detecting tour I found a teardrop shaped piece of metal I thought was just a piece of junk. It was about 3 inches long, 1 inch wide. At every site we hunted we had archaeological experts examine all our finds before we left the fields. When I turned in my piece of "junk" the archaeologist almost did a back flip. What I had found was a hand tool (chisel) from the bronze age, dated about 2000 B.C.! They told us before every hunt that we should not throw any thing away, glad I didn't.

OP
OP
GroundS.KeepeR

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Silver Searcher said:
I have done it quite a few times now :dontknow: but I did manage to recover them :laughing9: this was the last one, 13th century Heraldic Pendant 8)

SS
Well at least you have proof a picture :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GroundS.KeepeR

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Sonoma County Mike said:
When I was in England with a metal detecting tour I found a teardrop shaped piece of metal I thought was just a piece of junk. It was about 3 inches long, 1 inch wide. At every site we hunted we had archaeological experts examine all our finds before we left the fields. When I turned in my piece of "junk" the archaeologist almost did a back flip. What I had found was a hand tool (chisel) from the bronze age, dated about 2000 B.C.! They told us before every hunt that we should not throw any thing away, glad I didn't.
Wow! :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Iron Patch said:
I would have tried to fix it :thumbsup:

It didn't need fixing, I just needed to believe the ID I was told by my diggin bud. I said no, it's junk and threw it out. Two weeks later I seen one in a treasure magazine mixed with various other old finds.

OP
OP
GroundS.KeepeR

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Iron Patch said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Iron Patch said:
I would have tried to fix it :thumbsup:

It didn't need fixing, I just needed to believe the ID I was told by my diggin bud. I said no, it's junk and threw it out. Two weeks later I seen one in a treasure magazine mixed with various other old finds.
lol

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
When I first started detecting I dug 2 civil war period picket pins. Thinking they were from logging or farming I stuck them in a tree. A few days later I saw 2 in the local relic shop and asked the owner about them. He told me what they were and I went back to get the ones I found. You guessed it, they were gone. Probably the same two I saw in the shop. :'(

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
vayank54 said:
When I first started detecting I dug 2 civil war period picket pins. Thinking they were from logging or farming I stuck them in a tree. A few days later I saw 2 in the local relic shop and asked the owner about them. He told me what they were and I went back to get the ones I found. You guessed it, they were gone. Probably the same two I saw in the shop. :'(
How much was he asking for them?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like you have a crystal ball Spooky! ;D

Top Member Reactions