Have you ever been embarrassed by another mder?

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Well I was just wondering. I was on a beach one time and this guy was doing something between Swan Lake or the jitter bug. People were stopping in their tracks and laughing. At first I thought he might have had a handicap or something and it was kind of cool he was doing what he loved. But after the “show” he walked away as any other would.
Now I have seen a lot of different styles of detecting and have been doing this for at least 20 years, but when I get embarrassed by someone else’s antics and move far down the beach, I wonder, Who is giving these lessons? Is there a club for this? Or am I just old and don’t know the proper glide and sway for this sport?
Dude please!
I am just out of words.
Maybe I need blinders.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder What he found to put him in that mood

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I don’t know, but I’m not too sure I want any. ::)

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
I believe I've witnessed this unusual fellow.....Last time I saw him he was high steppin' like a Nazi. Everyone who saw him was busting out laughing. Glad I'm not his huntin' partner.

I was kinda mesmerized. :o :o :o

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm seen guys do "the happy dance"in public and yes it is embarrassing

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Boy youse wouldn't want to go hunting with me and Baldingboy!!!

We have sword fights with our Lesches, we throw dirt clods, walnuts, pecans, rocks whatever at each other. We have been know to wear strange detecting garb ::) :wink: ;D

We hunt regardless of weather. I will NOT hunt in the lightning, other than that it's a go! :thumbsup: ;D

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Hey, I've seen people detecting in lightning and while in the water no less. Pure Genius..... :dontknow:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the guys on to something! The weirder you act the farther away the tourists stay. Sure would beat the dips standing on your coil asking if you're electrocuting worms. Or the herd of kids side stepping in unison with each swing of the coil :D

B

BIG61AL

I have seen other metal detector holes with all the grass ripped to shreds, a unfilled hole and a pulltab sitting next to the hole too many times. I may leave a few small odd clumps of dirt but my "c" shaped plugs are almost undetectable and allow moisture to keep the trap door plug from drying out. I can go back to the same park and dig out hundreds of coins and no on can tell I was ever there. These knuckle heads are A] new to the hobby or B] just plain stupid.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People think I am a b%@&# because I HARP really bad about getting permission and the way you leave the place 8)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG61AL said:
I have seen other metal detector holes with all the grass ripped to shreds, a unfilled hole and a pulltab sitting next to the hole too many times. I may leave a few small odd clumps of dirt but my "c" shaped plugs are almost undetectable and allow moisture to keep the trap door plug from drying out. I can go back to the same park and dig out hundreds of coins and no on can tell I was ever there. These knuckle heads are A] new to the hobby or B] just plain stupid.

ALL the above and then some!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working some vacant property where some houses had been removed right next to a busy expressway when I saw an older guy get out of his car and start detecting. I worked my way over to him thinking he might share some wisdom with me. We talked for a bit and all at once he just pulled it out and started whizzing right by my foot and in full sight of the highway! I was speechless needless to say! I slowly worked my way back to my car and put some distance between us. I don't know what he would have done if he needed to do anything besides whiz! I didn't stick around to find out. Maybe that was his way of getting rid of pesky competition? It worked! M :-[ nty

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure he wasn't softening up the ground to make digging a little easier? ;D Maybe he used to be a resident of the houses that used to be there, and Alzheimers kicked in. Go to the potty, walk down the hall and offer the nice man an air beer ;D ;D ;D

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Well, no. But I need to explain. I was wearing underwear that was waaay to tight see. Then I was stung by a bee. All those things complicated the poison Ivy and athlete's foot I was suffering from. But there was no way I was going to miss a day mding!

Now you may understand.
Mark

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
Well, no. But I need to explain. I was wearing underwear that was waaay to tight see. Then I was stung by a bee. All those things complicated the poison Ivy and athlete's foot I was suffering from. But there was no way I was going to miss a day mding!

Now you may understand.
Mark

roflmao!!!!!!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Awwwww TxKicker!
I hate being laughed at. I am very very shy, and my feelings are easily hurt!

I also forgot to mention that I had one of the bees fly up my nose. But, mding is that important to me!

Mark

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Monty said:
I was working some vacant property where some houses had been removed right next to a busy expressway when I saw an older guy get out of his car and start detecting. I worked my way over to him thinking he might share some wisdom with me. We talked for a bit and all at once he just pulled it out and started whizzing right by my foot and in full sight of the highway! I was speechless needless to say! I slowly worked my way back to my car and put some distance between us. I don't know what he would have done if he needed to do anything besides whiz! I didn't stick around to find out. Maybe that was his way of getting rid of pesky competition? It worked! M :-[ nty

It worked, didn't it???? LOL

:icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread