Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went on a week hunting/camping trip. Not much hunting going on, just us guys acting like giant kids with beer, with no one to put us in our place....There is a place in the woods that was said to have had war activity(keeping it vague). Packed everything, have car loaded, drive two hours to camp, we're all sitting around(few beers by now) and someone says grab your detector! I go to the car? :BangHead: It's still at home on the couch!

I can relate buddy.... Used to teach folks to shoot archery (hunting and target) and hunt deer. Had 5 folks on opening days who stayed at my home the night before opening day of archery season. I made sure EVERYBODY had everything "ready to go". Had a great supper, went over maps of the hunting area and where everybody was going. We all watched some hunting videos and went to bed. Next morning I'm up early starting a hot breakfast and get everybody up. While I'm cooking breakfast everybody is loading up equipment. We ate and left.... got their about an hour before daylight. Everybody gets out, get their equipment and are waiting on me to lead them to their stands..... I FORGOT ALL MY EQUIPMENT.... ALL OF IT!!!!! My hunting partner and I lead them back to the woods and thank goodness I had "bright-eye" thumbtacks so each person could follow them to their assigned stands much deeper within the woods and swamp.

I race home.... get my equipment and head back out. It's now about 10 minutes past daybreak. I'm almost back driving and a 8 pt. buck runs out in front of me and I nail it!!!!!! Got mine..... :occasion14:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever had One of Those Days?

To be honest,iv'e had one of them years,i've had one of those months,i've had one of those fort nights =(2 weeks) ,and finally i've had one of those weeks.i cant truly say that i ever had one of those days.:dontknow:

AndrewCampbell

Greenie
Jul 20, 2015
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this happen to me before. Not that I've been too active in the recent years. I've got friends that say the same thing as you though - always make sure that you have an extra set of batteries or even an extra detector because, hey! You just never know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread