Have you ever lost anything before?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title should read, "have you ever lost anything before?"

I ask this question because it has come to my attention after many hours of searching I may have lost one of my ancient rings from the year 500. I wore it one day and I can almost swear I remember taking it off whilst looking at silver trays and must've fallen out of my pocket or something. It's been eating at me that I lost it so clumsly, it was worth no more than $70 and could have very well been a forgery but still I can't believe I lost it, the first thing I have ever lost!! Dang, so have you guys ever lost anything? If so what? I'm just lucky it didn't happen to one of my gold rings I have taken off before while out hunting!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, a few times. Most recently a small 18K gold ring.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why we do what we do, people lose things. I lost a silver dime once. forgot my finds holder and put it in my pocket. It was gone by the end of the hunt and couldn't find it back tracing my steps.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I remember the first coin I lost--and have repressed the memory of all the others lost.
The first lost coin was a '46 Rosie dime. It rolled off the back of my built-in desk into a tiny slot between the desk and the wall.
I wanted to rip out the desk from the wall but at the age of 11 (a mere 66 years ago !!), I didn't think my parents would have approved.
Don.....

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wedding ring. Never took it off. Then last year had surgery and was required to take it off. Put it in my wallet and it disappeared. Not in the hospital because I checked for it before I was discharged. Must have fell out during some visit to a store.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carpet guys came in a few weeks ago and put in carpet. Had to move everything out of the living room. Squirreled away a slabbed $1 US Gold coin. Now I know it's here, I can't remember which cubby hole from hell I stuck it in.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost a gold nugget ring at work(?) once. Wife lost a gold bracelet once while at the garage sales. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I did recently find a couple small pieces of gold that were packed away for 6 years in a box though. So that was good.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if this counts, but in late 1986 I lost $250 cash. Somehow, it must have worked its way out of my pocket at work. Of course, no one turned it in. That was supposed to be my very first car payment of the first car I ever bought. First payment was late. Not a good way to start out your credit history. lol

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting and found a shield nickel, dropped it in my finds pouch and continued detecting. But when I got home it wasn't there. I looked for it numerous times but no luck.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually don’t but my wife borrowed my Mont Blanc pen and lost it. Still po’d about it.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I lost my wedding ring.. this is the third time.. dang!

Lost my third (and final real gold) wedding ring also. I was rushing out of the camp shower to catch a helo flight from Bagram AFB to a camp in Kabul. It wasn't until later that I remembered I laid it down near the mirror. Now all my wedding rings are stainless steel...

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
my brother did this i found half of scissor it was old and he threw it in a pond i was very :censored: him

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost more crap than I can list, and i find more lost crap than I can list, so I guess I'm even.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions