Have you ever not picked up coins from a Coinstar?

I pull the junk zincs and send them through the rock polisher and wrap em. I don't think I have ever passed any up.

I have only seen one coin star, then it was taken out of the grocery store.
I don't think they're a big thing up here in these parts for some odd reason.

I have only seen one coin star, then it was taken out of the grocery store.
I don't think they're a big thing up here in these parts for some odd reason.
People must be smarter there... and not as lazy.

Smart enough and have the initiative to count and roll their own change.

People must be smarter there... and not as lazy.

Smart enough and have the initiative to count and roll their own change.
They got rid of the penny, so that cuts down on the change. The simple fact that folks just roll it up and bring it to a store even. Shop owners are alway thankful as they have to pay a fee at the bank for change.

I have been by many of these machine and i have NEVER checked for coins LOL

I always check nWalmar, Publix, and Winn Dixie when I am there. I posted this in another thread, but here is a pic of what my daughter found in the reject tray at Publix:

Attachments

• CDE30291-DFA6-46A1-9815-DB3D4A90C6D0.jpeg
    CDE30291-DFA6-46A1-9815-DB3D4A90C6D0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
VERY NICE !!!!
Thanks for sharing
BUT The more you share the more people start looking for the rejects

Nope, I never pass up a coinstar find.

One time I saw what looked like two beat up zincolns in the reject tray but they ended up both being 1943 steel wheaties.

Collected many silver coins from coinstar.

The people on this forum already know about checking coins conversion machines, nothing new here.

They got rid of the penny, so that cuts down on the change. The simple fact that folks just roll it up and bring it to a store even. Shop owners are alway thankful as they have to pay a fee at the bank for change.
They have them at a lot of the Loblaws/Superstore and Food Basics as well as the always awful Wal-store in the Golden Horseshoe. I’ve found coins in them but never silver which of course is harder to come by up here vs. our friends to the South. With changed effigies, it’s easier to spot the silvers and therefore they’ve been stripped from circulation. That’s my theory anyway.

You’re right about the penny.

I also think more people have bank accounts here (more stable banking system) and in general use debit/credit more often than average consumer to the south.

They have them at a lot of the Loblaws/Superstore and Food Basics as well as the always awful Wal-store in the Golden Horseshoe. I’ve found coins in them but never silver which of course is harder to come by up here vs. our friends to the South. With changed effigies, it’s easier to spot the silvers and therefore they’ve been stripped from circulation. That’s my theory anyway.

You’re right about the penny.

I also think more people have bank accounts here (more stable banking system) and in general use debit/credit more often than average consumer to the south.
I would probably run into the machines if I still lived in the GTA.
Kingston doesn't have them or I haven't ran into them.
Used to go to a detecting club meeting down in Hamilton years ago.

I grab every coin I see in the tray........

I guess you didn't see my find last month... :)

Attachments

• IMG_9008.JPG
    IMG_9008.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 19

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back