Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buck called "Heart Attack"

Some guys went on a deer capture in Uvalde county, Texas about 2 weeks ago and netted this deer, Heart Attack. He scored 248. He has 21 points,an inside spread of 32 inches and an outside spread of 34 inches.
He is only 4 years old. If you hunt, that means something to you. If you don't, this will. They put a price tag on him of 1 million dollars.
Enjoy the photos. There is one of him in velvet and the others are once they had him captured.

Attachments

• ha1.JPG
    ha1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 242

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
HOLY S____!
you guys in Texas have some great deer over there...thanks for the pic....BTW do you mean that they tagged him and released him and the hunter who gets him gets a huge deer and the money?

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
mistergee said:
HOLY S____!
you guys in Texas have some great deer over there...thanks for the pic....BTW do you mean that they tagged him and released him and the hunter who gets him gets a huge deer and the money?
Mistergee, I may be wrong, but I believe the million dollar price tag comes from the fact that they will probably sell this deers sperm to people that run deer farms. In other words, there are private land owners that charge an arm and a leg to harvest monster bucks off of their property. These deer farmers will pay big bucks(pun intended) to artificially insiminate the does with this bucks hot sauce, producing larger racks on the male deer, and allowing them to charge more for someone to shoot the deer. I'm a little old fashioned, so this type of hunting does not appeal to me. But I suppose there are enough wealthy city boys who will pay many thousands of dollars to shoot one of these lab created deer....Good luck,,, Gpurs...

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no he lives on a big big ranch and I am sure before deer season opened they netted him and the other daddy bucks and penned them so that hunters wouldn't shoot thier breeding stock. The hunts on these ranches usually start around 5k before you shoot an animal and then when you kill the animal depending on the size it is so much for each B/C point. Some of the animals could end up costing 10k or more. When they said a million bucks that is what they are estimating the value amount, he is probably insured for that much sorta like you would a race horse because of breeding ablities. You can figure he has probably 5 more prime years left on him and then they will allow him to be hunted.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats ok you said it a different way and I think the deer are gentically altered anyway to produce bucks like that and then those are used for breeding. All I know is I wish I was one of those ranchers raking in the doe....pun intended ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread