Have you gotten these at face? Canadian style.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....then you astound me :headbang: :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://www.mint.ca/store/buy/Beautiful-Coins_coins-cat490003

These are so beautiful, I am actually thinking of buying one for the wife as jewelry present!!

Has anyone gotten one of these also?

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/product_exchange.jsp?itemId=prod1040001

It'd be really cool if the US Mint does something like that, $20 USD for a $20 USD 8 grams Silver Coin.

I am not promoting anything but these Snowflake silver coins are simply beautiful. (Thats the 2x beautiful in one post lol)

Upvote 0

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The $20 coin in the second link I have 3 of which I bought from the mint in february. They recently released a different design $20 coin a few months ago, of which I bought 3, I would have bought more but the limit is 3. They both sold out incredibly quickly and are selling on the collector market for more than just the $20, due to low mintage.
Here is a link to the other $20 coin.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/product_exchange2011.jsp?itemId=prod1150003

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats 1 benefit on living in Canada! I wish I got a chance to get 1. o well.

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
The $20 coin in the second link I have 3 of which I bought from the mint in february. They recently released a different design $20 coin a few months ago, of which I bought 3, I would have bought more but the limit is 3. They both sold out incredibly quickly and are selling on the collector market for more than just the $20, due to low mintage.

I know a couple guys on this form have found some Silver Eagles at banks. Do you know anyone that has found a Silver Maple in Canada?

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
White Silver said:
That Canadian Guy said:

I know a couple guys on this form have found some Silver Eagles at banks. Do you know anyone that has found a Silver Maple in Canada?
I have dreamt of such a thing happening to me but yet, it has not. As far as I know there is only 1 maybe 2 other canadians on this forum both in eastern canada where as I am in the mid west. As far as I know I am the only CRHer in my city, perhaps even my province so no, I don't know of anyone who has found one.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing. I love the Christmas Tree! These are such beautiful coins . . . pieces of art.

apush :read2:

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That Canadian Guy said:
White Silver said:
That Canadian Guy said:

I have dreamt of such a thing happening to me but yet, it has not. As far as I know there is only 1 maybe 2 other canadians on this forum both in eastern canada where as I am in the mid west. As far as I know I am the only CRHer in my city, perhaps even my province so no, I don't know of anyone who has found one.
Yes, I am the other Canadian CRH here. I dream of that score too, as well as silver dollars bought at face. No matter Canadian, Morgan or Peace.
I know that there are other CRH in my area, noticed when found marked cwr rolls in the bank. Guess what, now it's my dump bank. In regards to 20$ silver coin I don't think it's worth it: only 8 grams of silver. It's more reasonable to buy a 1 oz. maple leaf for 30$. I have noticed people are selling that coin for more than 40$.
Here is the pic of coin:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 436

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
That Canadian Guy said:
White Silver said:
That Canadian Guy said:

Yes, I am the other Canadian CRH here. I dream of that score too, as well as silver dollars bought at face. No matter Canadian, Morgan or Peace.
I know that there are other CRH in my area, noticed when found marked cwr rolls in the bank. Guess what, now it's my dump bank. In regards to 20$ silver coin I don't think it's worth it: only 8 grams of silver. It's more reasonable to buy a 1 oz. maple leaf for 30$. I have noticed people are selling that coin for more than 40$.
Here is the pic of coin:
Well I bought mine from the mint for $20 a piece. I agree with you the silver value is far below the face value but it is more of a numismatic coin $20 for $20 I couldn't loose. To get them now you have to pay more than $20 but I got them for the lowest price possible. And I don't like bullion coins because they sell for a premium over spot, I would much rather buy junk silver at spot.

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture of the guy on the row boat.... if that's his reflection in the water, where is the row that he is holding in the reflection?

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K said:
The picture of the guy on the row boat.... if that's his reflection in the water, where is the row that he is holding in the reflection?

I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. Haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread