Have you seen this half dollar box before?

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I just picked up from a new bank and this is the first local bank that I've gotten something other than the the single layer yellow 5x10x1 box.

Anyone know what armored company uses these? The fact that the instructions on the inside indicate plastic wrappers (even though they are paper) makes me think Brinks, but the wrappers don't say Brinks on them like I would expect them to.

Attachments

• Box1.JPG
    Box1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 674
  • Box2.JPG
    Box2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,406
Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is totally a Brinks box. If it scores big, be sure to get some more Brinks. And your Loomis boxes say N.F String and Sons on the roll.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get these boxes too. I've always thought it's strange that the instructions are for plastic wrappers, when they are clearly made of paper!

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
kennedyfan said:
I get these boxes too. I've always thought it's strange that the instructions are for plastic wrappers, when they are clearly made of paper!

If only they were plastic. This hobby would be a lot easier.

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The box just has the stock art they use on all their boxes. But the shrink-wrap machines don't handle halves, and since they're only used by eccentrics, it's not worth anyone's time to fix the discrepancy. But yeah, those are the exact Brinks boxes and rolls of halves that I get.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknowaffle said:
kennedyfan said:

If only they were plastic. This hobby would be a lot easier.

No, because then tellers could cherrypick rolls of Halves too. A decent number of them in my area cherrypick plastic rolls of Dimes. I really can't blame them though because if any one of us were in their shoes, we'd be doing the same thing times 10. It's really not that hard to bite 50 rolls open then edge check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread