enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banks don't readily have halves just lying around. Ask if they can order you some.
That's how most of us do it.

Happy Hunting!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
As long as you don't belong to like a REALLY small credit union or something, you should be able to ask to ORDER boxes of halves. They are $500 a box and you can order as many as you want. Dumping them is the hardest part of the whole thing. =)

As far as handrolls, the best way is to just drive around, preferably in the small little hick town areas that aren't built up a lot and ask for halves at every bank on main street. You can also whip out your phone book and call banks ahead of time to see if any have them.

Good luck with your hunting!

~Dave

OP
OP
T

teh nzectar

Jul 23, 2008
Thanks a lot, but I have another question, Can you order a box of halves and buy them over time? I'm asking because I don't know if I will readily have $500 to spend.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teh nzectar said:
Thanks a lot, but I have another question, Can you order a box of halves and buy them over time? I'm asking because I don't know if I will readily have $500 to spend.
Every bank is different, even different branches have different "made up" rules. The best bet is for you to contact your local banks. If you don't like their answers move on to another.

Most banks out here will order boxes, it is no big deal for them. Some won't even sell me the 2 halves they have in their tellers tray because I am not a member.

Just go for it, the least you will get is a NO. The most you will get is rolls and rolls of almost solid silver. (and that has been done by many here, including myself)

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
teh nzectar said:

I'd avoid doing that.

One bank in town here does that, buys a bag and will roll them up for customers. But I also know that the tellers will set aside the silver halves for themselves when they find them.

When you get your paycheck, buy the bag and use the money first on halves. Go thru them, take them back and then pay your bills with the money. I don't have $2,000 laying around to CRH with, so I order my bags before my check hits, then CRH with it.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
teh nzectar said:

You might also run the risk of getting poached.....

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread