Having Fun With Gawkers

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my new thing is bringing jewelry, watches and a replica of a gold spanish coin to the beach with me and when people come up to me and ask me if I ever find anything I tell them " well, I find mostly junk but I do find a few cool things" and then proceed to start pulling gold rings, watches, necklaces, and my fake gold spanish coin from my pocket. It adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. Give it a shot.

Upvote 0

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats the STUPIDEST thing Ive ever heard, what kind of an idiot would do that. I am not a negative person, but you sir, are just plain ******ed. people are gonna be diggin up parks and beaches, makin a mess. Really only takes a couple to ruin it for all of us. You have no idea how desperate stupid and lazy the general public is.

So my new thing is bringing jewelry, watches and a replica of a gold spanish coin to the beach with me and when people come up to me and ask me if I ever find anything I tell them " well, I find mostly junk but I do find a few cool things" and then proceed to start pulling gold rings, watches, necklaces, and my fake gold spanish coin from my pocket. It adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. Give it a shot.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the STUPIDEST thing Ive ever heard, what kind of an idiot would do that. I am not a negative person, but you sir, are just plain ******ed. people are gonna be diggin up parks and beaches, makin a mess. Really only takes a couple to ruin it for all of us. You have no idea how desperate stupid and lazy the general public is.
You didn't read all the posts and when you don't read all the posts you make a reply that is embarrassing. He was just kidding.

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Read all of the posts buddy. I was just joking.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are selling a lot of detectors to people who think they are going to strike it rich

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I. WAS. ONLY. JOKING. ;).

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some people read the original post and none of the replies.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect I differ with you on this lookindown.
The purpose of the forum is to help beginning detectorists, share knowledge,
and promote a more favorable image of the metal detecting hobby. At least that is the way that I see it.

When I want humor, I find more than enough laughing at myself, especially when looking at earlier failed attempts in metal detecting, which were not only a result of not knowing - they were very costly.

I find it counter productive, and a waste of time to have to read all posts and reviews to determine if an originator is just kidding.

You didn't read all the posts and when you don't read all the posts you make a reply that is embarrassing. He was just kidding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect I differ with you on this lookindown. The purpose of the forum is to help beginning detectorists, share knowledge, and promote a more favorable image of the metal detecting hobby. At least that is the way that I see it. When I want humor, I find more than enough laughing at myself, especially when looking at earlier failed attempts in metal detecting, which were not only a result of not knowing - they were very costly. I find it counter productive, and a waste of time to have to read all posts and reviews to determine if an originator is just kidding.

Wow, you must be a blast at parties. Lighten up.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all due respect I differ with you on this lookindown.
The purpose of the forum is to help beginning detectorists, share knowledge,
and promote a more favorable image of the metal detecting hobby. At least that is the way that I see it.

When I want humor, I find more than enough laughing at myself, especially when looking at earlier failed attempts in metal detecting, which were not only a result of not knowing - they were very costly.

I find it counter productive, and a waste of time to have to read all posts and reviews to determine if an originator is just kidding.
The forum is for everything beach and water hunting related. Under the beach and shallow water heading it says a place to discuss your favorite beach, techniques, finds, etc....It doesn't even mention the things you think its for. Its for the things you said and everything else. I wish it had more humor and cant believe someone would complain about it.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Yo bro you need to back off my buddy!!
Don't be talking like that to my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am mistaken, it is most likely because I have thought too highly of Treasure net: {members, administrators, sponsors} and the forums that I follow. What I have stated may not be directly mentioned, but I believe that such benefits are the intent/implied.

Yes, it can be dry reading at times and humor does make the posting(s) and replies more interesting. I agree with you on this. However, I am not complaining. I am stating my opinion and will continue to do, when I see postings and replies that can result in damage / harm. I strongly believe that is my right and responsibility as a member. If it is not, I will move on to another net/forum where I am able to do so.

I disagree – I enjoy the humor in your posting and replies and have found them enjoyable as well as informative.
SGC Sends

The forum is for everything beach and water hunting related. Under the beach and shallow water heading it says a place to discuss your favorite beach, techniques, finds, etc....It doesn't even mention the things you think its for. Its for the things you said and everything else. I wish it had more humor and cant believe someone would complain about it.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am mistaken, it is most likely because I have thought too highly of Treasure net: {members, administrators, sponsors} and the forums that I follow. What I have stated may not be directly mentioned, but I believe that such benefits are the intent/implied.

Yes, it can be dry reading at times and humor does make the posting(s) and replies more interesting. I agree with you on this. However, I am not complaining. I am stating my opinion and will continue to do, when I see postings and replies that can result in damage / harm. I strongly believe that is my right and responsibility as a member. If it is not, I will move on to another net/forum where I am able to do so.

I disagree – I enjoy the humor in your posting and replies and have found them enjoyable as well as informative.
SGC Sends
Maybe I took it the wrong way...I sure thought you were complaining about humor in the Beach and Shallow Water forum...its all good.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's what I have always wanted to do when people constantly ask me if I have found their ring they lost.
Reach in my pouch and pull out one of those giant plastic fake rings. The 3 inch kind hold it up and ask them if this is it?Most would laugh!

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
what happens when the guy looks at one of your rings and (lying) says that it belongs to his wife, she just lost it earlier that day, and you better give it back to her!

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what happens when the guy looks at one of your rings and (lying) says that it belongs to his wife, she just lost it earlier that day, and you better give it back to her!

I tell him " no. Your move."

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's what I have always wanted to do when people constantly ask me if I have found their ring they lost. Reach in my pouch and pull out one of those giant plastic fake rings. The 3 inch kind hold it up and ask them if this is it?Most would laugh!

I like it!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask him what the inscription on the inside says...it doesn't have to have one because he doesn't know that.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While chest deep in water, swinging away, headphones on, I was getting bugged every few mins by passers-by, so I kept a dead fish in my scoop once - and when asked what I was doing, I said " checking radiation levels" and pulled out the fish and added "it ain't looking good!!"

the looks I received were PRICELESSS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread