Hay Field Coughs Up an Early Copper!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Last Saturday began by Chris and I going to Kippy's (Skip's) to pick up a treadmill that Chris bought off of him. Chris and I hauled it down the steep steps with ease! Next stop after that was Skump's, a favorite sub shop hangout for the members of KKC for years. Kippy bought us our subs! :headbang: I ate mine in about five minutes. I'm a man, so I eat like one. :laughing9:

After that, Zeus and I turned up the tunes and headed to our next destination: a Colonial farm in PA where we were seeking to obtain permission to hunt the hay field/pasture area. After receiving the "A-OK," we headed off back to our respective dwellings with hopes of digging some earlies the next day.

Prior to walking into Zeus' dwelling before we left, I took a snapshot of the "stuff" in my car that you would see on a hot day on the PA frontier!
1.jpg

We got to the site and eventually started popping some buttons. That is when the landowner came over and chatted with us in the field. I told him the history of his land and asked him about some nearby fields. He said that he owned them. That is when I grinned, because I knew there are at least three more vanished dwellings on his land. We will probably find unwritten dwellings as well, so the future is looking bright for us. Here is a picture of the site we hunted yesterday.
2.jpg

After the owner left, he turned off the electric fence that was near the field. About five minutes later, I got a deep sounding "P" on "Penny" reading on my analog. I looked over to Kirk and said, "I have a deep half real signal here!" After digging down about six inches, I saw a sight that I live for: a large copper disc just fell from its resting place back to the bottom of the plug. And, guess what, I had the joy of looking for it...again! :laughing9: It turned out to be a smooth Colonial copper! It is porous in some areas, so it is definitely a counterfeit. Here it is right after I dug it.
3.jpg

Long story short, we will head back after he cuts the soybean in the adjacent field. That is where the dwelling sat. We were just hunting the fringes of it yesterday.

Here are my finds from the hunt.
Smooth Colonial 005.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
ProPointer said:
Is that a Sierra Madre for a detector? Anyways, cool finds.

White's XL Pro 6000

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome post and awesome finds from the PA frontier. I dug a flat button right near where you dug the copper. This site should produce some nice coppers still. It overlooks a valley and the dwelling stood on the nice alluvial plain. The dot was correct. :headbang:

I didn't know Chris bought Kippy's treadmill. Utt. :laughing7:

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk must have tried out that treadmill and forgot to get off! ;D

Double slam sucka! :laughing7:

Attachments

• skunk_mobile.jpg
    skunk_mobile.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 610
  • skunk_mobile.jpg
    skunk_mobile.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 601

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Just used the Treadclimber and it works great. I plan on getting cardio on a regular basis. Rose even used it with positive remarks. Nice addition to the Zeus household. We went into this site with no clue that we would even get permission and with the enthusiastic attitude of the landowner we can now hold great expectations on the future of this site. Not a bad over all day even if Kirk didn't find a copper. Next time will be different for him . He has a history of breaking out with gusto. I still love the history of Pa.
Unc.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Just used the Treadclimber and it works great. I plan on getting cardio on a regular basis. Rose even used it with positive remarks. Nice addition to the Zeus household. We went into this site with no clue that we would even get permission and with the enthusiastic attitude of the landowner we can now hold great expectations on the future of this site. Not a bad over all day even if Kirk didn't find a copper. Next time will be different for him . He has a history of breaking out with gusto. I still love the history of Pa.
Unc.

It has been a year ago today that I broke out with "gusto." I dug my 1786 2 Reales on 6/28/09. :headbang: Eat that one, IP! :laughing7:

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

Don't care who ya are, dat right der is a funny one IP!!

Better get used to it! Looks like Kirk's slump might go from weeks to months! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

Better get used to it! Looks like Kirk's slump might go from weeks to months! :laughing7:

His last copper was in April, so it has been months. :laughing9: However, I am not going to be grinning too long, because, as you stated a few weeks back, "Punks like this build it up and then find something killer."

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

His last copper was in April, so it has been months. :laughing9: However, I am not going to be grinning too long, because, as you stated a few weeks back, "Punks like this build it up and then find something killer."

I stand corrected.... months to years! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

I stand corrected.... months to years! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Nah, next week. :headbang:

Kirk :headbang:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Iron Patch said:
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

I didn't realize it's been that long.... something isn't right for any one of you 3 to go that long without copper... I hope he finds one next week or sooner which ever hunt comes first....

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great finds. Congrats on the copper. Looks promising for this fall.
Dman

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COPPER! Looks like a nice spot, I need to find me some fields here in CT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread