HB2078 Thank You needed to Senate Finance Committee on 2078

C

cachenut

The Senate Finance committee helped to slow bill 2078 so they deserve a thank you from us.

When the bill was in the finance committee they added an amendment to require the position to be funded or it disappears. This is a help to us because the position will not exist if this year?s budget does not pay for it. It is not funded in the senate version of the budget bill now. It is funded in the house version. It will be a help in getting rid of the job because otherwise the position would wait all year(s) or until the money was grabbed from somewhere else. If it isn't paid for this year then they will have to go through the whole process again.

So I encourage everyone to write a thank you to the finance committee because they did help us even if they didn't table or reject the bill. What they added could kill the position if it is not funded in the budget.

They do these things because some of you write to the committees and senators and ask them to help. If you don't write they won't help.

SO WRITE! If enough of you write the bill will be killed.

Here are the addresses.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Senate Finance Committee
Dear Sir or Madam:

I want to thank you for your help on the HB2078 for the State Archaeologist position. As a law abiding relic hunter I wanted to see the position eliminated because its intent was to hinder relic hunting and relic collecting. Virginia is a big state and there is no need for archaeologists to have exclusive access to all of its historic artifacts or resources. I agree with preservation but every square foot of Virginia does not need to be preserved especially the rusted metal under ground.

I do appreciate your efforts to help all Virginians by working on the finance committee. I have trouble following and understanding the bill process and cannot tell even when a committee has helped. I expect most citizens are this way. When everyone voted yes it seemed the committee voted for the bill. But by adding the amendment you made it easier to eliminate the position if it is not in the budget. Again thank you for your efforts on our behalf.

I do encourage you to vote against this bill when it comes up in the senate because it is unneeded and a waste of money. Based on what I read in an amendment to the budget, this position would be in charge of all of DHR. Adding another level of bureaucracy above what they have now will not make the department more productive but will cost the taxpayers a lot of money. These funds could be better spent setting up free clinics for instance. People die in Virginia every week because they do not have access to medical care.

So please vote no when there is a vote on this bill.

Joe Wolfe
Winchester Virginia.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread