He Punts!!! He Scores!!!

O

Ole Mole

Well I went back to the area that I had first detected back 26 years ago and tried my attempts at finding some hidden treasures. Boy it sure was nice back 26 years ago as the stuff I found then was on top of the ground.
I dug up the Football charm at less than 2 inches. I almost did not see it as it was earth tone and looked like an acorn cap. Once I started to wipe off a bit I thought that it might be a bell as I was looking at it from the bottom and the place I was hunting did have the old style bandstand like you would see in Mayberry. Got it home and started soaking it in warm water and the detail started to become more prominent. I am thinking that it may be gold plated, but am not quite sure.
Went to my parents rental properties and dug the 1930 Wheatie again less than 2 inches from along the drive way. It looks red in color with no mint mark.
Wish I could get my pictures to turn out a bit better and if anyone has any pointers on taking better photo's I would appreciate it.

By the way I am still trying to find my finds from 26 years ago and when I do I will post them.

HH

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Mole! Can't wait to see the picture! When I take mine I put it on the little flower setting and put a magnifying glass in front of the lens. Stand a bit away from the object you are taking the pic of and zoom in. Make sure you got good light too. Congrats on your finds!!

Nana ;)

B

BIG61AL

TRY TAKING A NOT SO CLOSE PICTURE BUT GET THE COIN IN FOCUS THEN CROP IT SO JUST THE COIN IS IN THE PICTURE....YOU SHOULD STILL HAVE PICTURE DETAILS WHEN YOU YOU RESIZE IT
AL

OP
OP
O

Ole Mole

Nana40 said:
Awesome Mole! Can't wait to see the picture! When I take mine I put it on the little flower setting and put a magnifying glass in front of the lens. Stand a bit away from the object you are taking the pic of and zoom in. Make sure you got good light too. Congrats on your finds!!

Nana ;)
Magnifying glass, Huh never would have thought of it.
Thanks for the hint. I do use the flower icon for most of my photo's when I Ebay, but I have never had to photo something so small and try and capture the detail.

OP
OP
O

Ole Mole

Mona Lisa said:
You can also just scan the coins and small objects, Mole. That works fine, too. :)

There is a new photography board that Marc put up a couple of weeks ago. You can look in there for ideas. ::)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,309.0.html

Thanks Mona,
Scanning coins would not be a problem, although I am fussy about laying metallic objects on the scanner bed leaving behind fine scratches.

I will take a look at the photo board you are referring to .
Thanks for the link and Happy Huntin'

iamwood

May 27, 2006
MA
Use a plastic screen cover ( like ones for Ipods) on your scanner, and it wont leave scratches. then remove it when you need to scan a document.
mike

OP
OP
O

Ole Mole

iamwood said:
Use a plastic screen cover ( like ones for Ipods) on your scanner, and it wont leave scratches. then remove it when you need to scan a document.
mike
Thanks, I wold have never thought of that.
Good idea.

OP
OP
O

Ole Mole

I had forgotten to add pics. to this story of the 2 finds, so if you are interested in looking at them I have a newer post entitled Forgot the photo's<<He Punts He Scores>>

Thanks all for looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread