Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, a word of caution to those detecting woodchip playgrounds after dark - Watch out for monkey bars.
Had my head down while swinging tonight, and ran face first into a very solid metal bar, and I saw some pretty wild stars after that.
Bout 10 minutes later I had a very strong signal jumping between nickel and foil, and low and behold under about 3 inches of chips was this sweet 14K gold necklace with a nice cross charm - Finally, something I can use. Weighs a respecatable 32 grams.
Also found this gold looking earring - Its unmarked so I don't know if it is or not,,, Plus the usual pocket full of clad.
Was trying to determine if getting knocked senseless was worth it, and came to the conclusion that it was

Attachments

• 100_0670 (Medium).JPG
    100_0670 (Medium).JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Allright! Gold is worth a knock on the head. It just needed to get your attention. A very nice find that you can be proud of. I'll bet that whoever lost it is in the dog house though. I have been doing a few twilight evening into dark hunts lately & have done fairly good. Less people about to distract you. COngrats!
Spotz

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah spotz I'll take some lumps for gold in return anytime - Hell, I've gotten enough without getting anything back anyhow.
This was found with clasp still on, so whoever lost if musta had it fall right off his/her head.
I sure would't let my school age child play around with something like this on - The little angel in my head is sayin 'go to the school, and see if anyone has reported it missing' - And of course the devil is right there on the other side, sayin 'Naw, don't listen to that soft crap - The dumb kid lost it, and it serves him right ! You found it, now its YOURS !' So ... I'll likely go to the school, and if someone can provide a matching description, I'll give it up.
Yeah with the days getting shorter and shorter, dark detecting is about the only option for me these days.
I like it [except for unexpected metal bars]. Like you say, no one to bother ya, and I find its much more productive and relaxing.
Alls I need extra is a little LED headlamp, and I'm good to go for night detecting.
Maybe I should strap a detector to my head as well to warn of nearby metal bars.

R

rvbvetter

Great finds!!! Lets hope your not just having dilutions from your contutions. WTG!! HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good gesture to try to return it. I found a gold chain sans any ornament near an outside basketball court. It is used by dozens of neighborhood kids and many adults. I wouldn't have any idea who it might belong to or how to find out. I asked a few of the kids I saw playing basketball and they don't know who it might be so I guess it's mine. The catch was broken on this one, apparently pulled off playing ball? I don't plan on selling it so it's here if an owner ever comes forward. I found it and photographed it and that's all I care about. Never intended to make a profit at this game. Excellent! Monty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow,, that is one nice looking cross, WTG!!!
Good luck/ Bad luck ;), in trying to return it, & Happy hunting~

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
great finds Xray. Hope your head feals better soon. I think that if I found something like that, I wouldn't remember if I had a head or not. Congrats...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread