Head hunter series.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would stay away from it. The reviews on it not very good.
http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/72-1-headhunterwader.html

Not sure what price range your looking at, but if the price is about the same as the average street price from review above there are a lot better units out there in that range.

Just to name a couple the Whites Beach Hunter ID or Tesoro Tiger Shark are just two.

Talk to Tony (TonyinCt) from this site.He can really help you and you can trust his recommendations as well as dealing with him. I just got a ML Sovereign GT from him.

Look for replies from some of the other water hunters like Sandman. If you can swing it, go for one of the best and get yourself a Minelab Excal 1000. I have one now I use and love, and I'm in process of buying a second Excal that I can put a WOT coil on. ;D

Good luck.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont have the Wader but I have a HH Pulse Unit. I paid $400 for it off e-Bay direct from the biggest DteectorPro dealer brand new but probably is last years model. The 4 page zerox copied instructions that came with it on use and care are a joke. I am happy with the price, the depth is good, and it is so light I can swing it all day. The headphones are comfortable but with all the electronics inside may be a future problem. I dont know if replacement parts are available but I would imagine some plastic parts of the headphones may soon break or wear out. The soft rubber ear cushions hold water for weeks after using. There are tiny drain holes but all the water doesnt come out. Im afraid this will be a future problem. Electronics are in one side, 2- 9 volt batteries in the other. I also got water in my battery side last and first time underwater. The unit stopped working but is working now that I dried everything out. The o-ring snap on design is not very good. I hear the newer models use a larger o-ring. I need to use it more often before I can comment further.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't bother with this detector because of problems others have had with it. There are better choices available to you at near the same price from Whites, Tesoro, Minelab and Garrett. Heck, even the old Fisher 1280 is better made. Fisher is supposed to be coming out with a new CZ21, an upgraded CZ20 for the water.

If you can swing it, the Minelab Excal 800 or 1000 is the way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions