Head Phone Connection Question - Not Pairing

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a pairing question as the wireless headphones that came with 800 pair fine.

The question I have is reconnecting the headphones.

If i turn just the headphones off and then back on, should they connect up automatically, as long as the wireless button on the detector is still turned on?

If I turn both the detector and the headphones off, the next time I turn them back on should they pair up automatically?

While using the detector and the headphones, if I use the Wireless headset button on the detector and disconnect the headset, when I press the button and turn it back on, should they pair back up automatically (leaving the headset turned on the whole time)?

As many of you know I have been having problems with my detector and when it acts up I have been taking a video of it. I want to be sure the video has the high pitch tone I keep getting, so I have been turning off the headset with the Wireless button on the detector so the sound will come out of the head pod. However, when I turn it back on, it will not pair back up unless I turn the headset off and then hold the button down until I get the three tone signal in the headset and then it pairs.

I keep having to pair them back up every time I turn one of them off or on.

Is there a secret I am missing? Is this the way it is suppose work?

Granted, there are problems with my pod head, so this may be messing up as well.

Thank you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the initial pairing, I like to turn the detector on first, then press the center headphone button until the blue light comes on. They pair right up for me. When I power down, I turn off the detector first, then the headphones. I haven't had any luck getting them to pair any other way. If one or the other is turned off, I need to turn them both off and then restart everything like I mentioned above.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do what cudamark does, and it works for me too. I listen for the "up tone scaling notes". If for some reason the headphones becomes unpaired, then you will need to hold the center button until it flashes red/blue, and then pair normally. The only time I have had to do this was when the detector got paired with the WM-08, and then also when it got paired to my phone by mistake.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, if you pair the detector with anything else (WM-80, phone, etc.) or, like what when had my headphones replaced under warranty, you need to start the basic pairing up sequence, just like it was the first time.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turn my head phones on then the detector connects right away, seems if I turn the detector on first sometimes I have to turn the head phones off and back on then it connects after a few seconds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread