Head phone question....

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I have a set of original gray ghost headphones and I have notice that when adjusting from max. volume to the next notch, there is a huge decrease in the volume.
If I adjust it down more the change is not as great, but the volume is very low by that point and not much use in adjusting it down further.
I called the manufacturer and was told that there is a large drop in volume from full to the next notch down.
This does not sound right to me as the volume is worthless if it can't be adjusted along the range of the control.
Actually, turning it down to the next notch below full volume makes the volume so low that if is not practical.
I thought I read a post a while back where someone stated that the volume control on their headphones was faulty and they had to send them back for repairs.
I also have a set of killer bee's and the volume control works great on these and allows for minute adjustments to suit my perferences.
Just wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts on this situation that have used the gray ghost headphones.
Thanks for any replies,

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know on that But Just Purchased the
gray ghost Ultimates headphones
& AM Not Happy with DetectorPro at the Moment.

I need more Volume, but can't just Throw Money away.

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I know what you mean Jeff.
I thought these were quality headphones for the price, but there is no
comparison between these and my killer bees.
I sure wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

coincutter

Greenie
Jul 12, 2010
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
ATPRO ( MXT - Bty Htr)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
radio shack - tuner cleaner
spray the pots if they wont fix them for you
they get dirty and need a cleaning once in a while

i had a pair like that from garrett but they swapped out in one day