Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We left our house @ 6:30 am,headed out to oceanside to meet up with a bunch of people for a club hunt:hello2:We get there half way and it was so much pouring rain,so my husband said "I think they will cancel",I said"It's okay my Cz21 can handle the rain"and besides even better the beach will be empty:laughing9:He decided to turn around,and call it a day:tongue3:
It was for the best because I did get a lot done for our Charity Event and even made us dinner consisting of Salmon,salad,zucchini and left over chicken angel hair pasta,the wine was the best part:hello2::thumbsup:which you will see the pictures:hello2:
I did get a chance to use the Cz21 yesterday for about 2 hours,trying to learn this machine.I do know I have to learn to GB,I tried reading as much of it and I would pull up videos or any information on this machine.You see sometimes I can't comprehend what I read,but if you show me I catch on pretty fast:icon_thumleft:I noticed as I'm swinging back and forth with the CZ there is no humming sound like the DF,I got couple target sounds and dugged up a dime and a penny:icon_thumright:Then I came across another target and I tried to PP,boy that thing screeches :laughing9:one minute I hear the target and the next no sound:icon_scratch:I must be doing something wrong:dontknow:
My hubby is dropping me off at the beach tomorrow, so I have to read and study and watch some videos on my CZ,,HH:hello:

Attachments

• photo-129.JPG
    photo-129.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 87
  • photo-130.JPG
    photo-130.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 85
  • photo-131.JPG
    photo-131.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 104
  • photo-132.JPG
    photo-132.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 86
  • photo-133.JPG
    photo-133.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 89
  • photo-134.JPG
    photo-134.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best wishes!:occasion14: Hopping you was very happy.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ-21 is a silent search machine, (no threshold noise). It's just you and your thoughts all alone in those headphones until you hit a target, which for someone like me, is still pretty entertaining. :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in all metal and always run with a hum
only silent running in ID mode
I set ground around 5-6 and run sensitivity 8-9 or more depending on soil
I dont use the pin point - you learn the machine - you dont need it
it is annoying - you use a large scoop you shouldnt need it
I get target 75% of the time on 1st scoop
I only have to multiple scoop on deep targets - as most others do to

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So you're running your CZ in all Auto Tone with the sensitivity cranked up far enough to produce a hum? With the CZ I've always dialed mine back enough while in Auto Tone to eliminate this feedback, say to around 7 - 8. Curious as to the advantage your experiencing of running with the feedback VS none?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Having the threshhold where you can hear a hum, will let you find the deep stuff.. You can hear sound changes, but it wont make a beep. Dig it. Trust me.

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out today and I tried the settings,had a hard time,???this machine does have a learning curve,sounds was going off all over the place.When I think i have a target,I overlap & then scoop as I pick up and lay my detector against me it sounds off,me thinking b/c I have it on a belt loop so I put it back on its rod same thing:icon_scratch:So then I try it in target mode and try to ground balance it:BangHead::laughing9:I can see why guys give up and get other detectors,but in my Heart I feel this Cz21 is a bomb of a machine and I am so determined to learn that curve:thumbsup:I'm going out tomorrow again,,HH:hello:

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought a cz21 this spring...biggest problem i had was ground balancing it..you MUST turn the sensitivity all the way up when ground balancing the unit(no the manual and videos do not explain this). you are trying to get the machine 'hot' so it responds to the ground mineralization. After cranking up the gain balance as per the manual either the 'quick' method or the 'bobbing'...TURN DOWN THE GAIN after it is balanced for hunting...machine will be much more stable

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the threshhold where you can hear a hum, will let you find the deep stuff.. You can hear sound changes, but it wont make a beep. Dig it. Trust me.

I have two CZ-21 machines. The only time I can produce a "hum" with either machine is when it's in Autotone with the sensitivity cranked up to at least 8, other then that they are both silent search. Neighbor's machine is the same. On all three machines this hum is never smooth or steady, probably best described as faint but constant chatter. So I am curious if you guys are getting a smooth "threshold" and if you're getting it without having to crank the sensitivity up so high? At best all three of the machines I just tired produced a very unstable hum even after being ground balanced and they only produced this hum once the sensitivity was cranked up to at least 8.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread