Headed to Sebastian Area in August - Any Suggestions?

badbronco

Greenie
Jul 12, 2010
Charleston SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Hi All!

I've been searching around for MD'ing in Sebastian Inlet area. I've never been to the area and I'm having a tough time coming up with a few good area's to take the kids MD'ing with the Minelab.

I have read that there was a beach renourishment project not too long ago where several feet of sand was brought in. I'm assuming that was on the beach side of the inlet (other side of A1A).

Does anyone have any ideas of areas you could point us too down there?

Sure, the kids would love to discover millions of spanish gold, but I know better :)

I'm going to be down there a week from 8/27 - 9/3 and would love to go to a potentially decent area...just having problems finding an area navigationally speaking :( Finding something older would be a BONUS since we've only hunted on Folly Beach SC so far and have come up with a ring and a few bucks in change...

Maybe we could even hunt with someone down there, and return the favor here in Charleston if you're ever up this way! We'll be fishing during the day, and probably MD'ing in the evenings

I'll continue searching. I understand it's from the waterline to the beginning of the dunes...just don't know fully what parts are "park" and what are not. I have read the "park" rules and other info searching around here.

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
you will be fine...there are about 10-15 beaches along A1A for 20 miles south of Sebastian Inlet...some will be close to empty and others will have a few people on them...
there are also several city/county/state beaches that all have nice parking and restrooms/showers
i think i saw in a post recently that one group of guys had picked up some spanish coins within 15-20 yards off the beaches near that area...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions