headhunter pirate

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector is advertised as a "underwater" detector when in relality you can't take the headphones underwater. It does not handle black sand and saltwater well at most locations. For the price you should get one with a saltwater mode or a just use it in fresh water. I had one and didn't like it. It was very light weight however.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Thanks SandMan. You just did an excellent job of answering my questions about it.

EasyMoney

OP
OP
M

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
thanks for the info sandman. i have to look into something else. i have an excalibur which i had at least 12 years. and was looking for something to use as a backup machine in the pirate price range. not a pulse machine though. i just have a feeling i might have some problems with it soon. thanks

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Better for fresh water areas but for under 300.00 and can actually get the headphones ( which is where the electonics are ) wet and not worry about damage as with a land detector. Overall not a bad detector just not the best for salt water wet sand.
TonyinCT
TC Metal Detectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread