Headin home but to what???

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Well we were told our power would be back on Monday and now they say Thursday. I guess we will head home Sunday morning anyway. I could have bought a lot of MD goodies for what I have spent this week. Generators are not to be found (at least for less than $2000) so that is not an option. We will be stocking up on staples here and some cheap coolers and ice. Hopefully our neighbor will let us plug a line into his genny so we can at least run a light and charge batteries. If y'all don't here from me for several days don't worry I probably can't get on line. I guess it's back to soup heated up on the grill and warm soda.

Mike

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
minirancher said:
Mike I have a generator you can borrow.

Very cool Keith, Ours actually fried this afternoon at my inlaws house and had to use Susan's. They have no power in Spring.

Mike are you guys doing OK over there? Any new updates on your power?

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
We are driving home tomorrow (Sunday) and then to keith's to get the genny. Hopefully we won't impose on my good huntin' buddy for too long. All I can say now is I don't know where or how we would have made it without all of your moral support and Keith for coming thru. I'll gladly let you all pinpoint my hits and dig my finds. You are all the best! Party at my place somewhere in the near future. BTW my cooking is a lot better than my detecting!

Mike

minirancher

Aug 3, 2008
Willis Tx
Detector(s) used
Quick draw 2, Fisher 1236X2, Minelab X-Terra 70
Mike you can keep it till you get everything under control and you and wife are safe and sound. But this will cost you another Diet Pepsi with lime! LOL.... I am glad I can help! If there is anything else I can do PLEASE let me know OK! If you need a place to stay My house is your house! I would invite Susan but she allways picks up those hitch hikers... LOL Ohhh don't forget the guy that gives Special instructions on how to use a Metal detector. That is soooo funny!
Keith D Cloud

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Hmmmm Diet Pepsi with lime. That's a pretty steep price to pay for a lil ole generator. Talk about yout price gouging! :icon_pirat: Thanks again. See you this afternoon.

Also thanks for the offer Don. I think this will solve the prolem.

Mike

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is awesome!! So glad things are working out and looking forward to hearing from you when you can get back online!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
minirancher said:
Mike you can keep it till you get everything under control and you and wife are safe and sound. But this will cost you another Diet Pepsi with lime! LOL.... I am glad I can help! If there is anything else I can do PLEASE let me know OK! If you need a place to stay My house is your house! I would invite Susan but she allways picks up those hitch hikers... LOL Ohhh don't forget the guy that gives Special instructions on how to use a Metal detector. That is soooo funny!
Keith D Cloud

Well Hell, you got a ranch...surely you have enough room for me and all my boyfriends...I mean face it, they obviously don't need running water, a toothbrush, soap or shampoo, so the barn would do just fine. Of course, they will ransack your house for all your liquor and take all your home-made cigs, but that's about it. :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread