Jun 20, 2005
Tallahassee Florida
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
When do you plan on going? I also have a hookah and all dive gear and UW detectors. I have been up in that area, but never dove it. Always wanted to. Get in touch or post here, Steve in Sarasota, FL. PS, I am no wimp either. ;D Nice Tri in your avatar!

OP
OP
Mikemonster

Mikemonster

Jun 20, 2005
Tallahassee Florida
Steve;
Load up. I'd like to go asap. Come to Tallahassee and we can take my Chevy Avalanche or your vehical. I'd really like to go during the upcoming week if you can make it or next at the latest as I have another trip at the end of this month to the UK.
Mike

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike, I got your PM message, got your #s, but I have to work this week, 2 paybacks this week- paybacks can be hell! Some other time. My schedule is a good one for that though. Let me know how you do. I really would like to get up there. Have all camping equipment and diving equip., detectors, recovery stuff, just dont have a dredge. Yet!

OP
OP
Mikemonster

Mikemonster

Jun 20, 2005
Tallahassee Florida
I really can't justify the cost and labor of a dredge. If i should find a hot spot sure but I never metal detect or treasure hunt even thinking I'll find something. Been doing this too long. I do it for the excitement of discovering history. To get a glimpse into the lives of people I never knew and to imagine what they were like. I do it to be outdoors. To smell the dirt and hear the wind. And for the little thrill each of us get when we hear a resounding Beep!

I'm really good at metal detecting tho. I most always get ticks, mosquito bites, poision ivy, cuts, brusies and a snake scare. On glorious days I get leeches and lost.

I'll go up and do some recon and when I get back from the UK in early September we'll go up there.

North Georgia backwoods..The place where men are men-
and the sheep are nervous.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds good, Email me. Steve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread