Heading to Galveston for the weekend, where should I go?

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone,

I'm heading to Galveston for the weekend and taking the Excalibur II along. Anyone know of any good beaches I should try out? I promise I won't be much competition since this will be my first time using it plus since I'm in medical school in College Station I don't get many weekends off :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
I had some luck on Stewart beach 2 weeks ago. $8 to park and no re entry. There is local club that hunts the island. Water or wet sand is your best bet. Dig ALL signals.
I ended up with a 14K pendant 2.5 G

Good luck!!!

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll give you a hint.

There's a bar downtown that you'll see lit up at night like the 4th of july. Search lights, limos, the whole 9 yards.

This is probably not the kind of place you are looking for. Don't ask how I know.

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also from collage station hello Stewart beach is a popular beach it is prob hunted pretty good I have never hunted there but I have been there people swim all up and down where the sea wall is if would go hunt at low tide and look for any low spots good luck r u a student at Texas a&m I am returning a aggie ring today I found last year

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of guys hunt the beaches there. Stewart is family friendly and popular, East Beach is rowdier, so more beer cans. 61St Street is where the surfers hang out. In front of the big hotels (Galvez, San Luis) is sometimes productive.

Lots of choices, best time is right before low tide.

Good Luck!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
kleinerschmitter

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also from collage station hello Stewart beach is a popular beach it is prob hunted pretty good I have never hunted there but I have been there people swim all up and down where the sea wall is if would go hunt at low tide and look for any low spots good luck r u a student at Texas a&m I am returning a aggie ring today I found last year

Thanks for all of the info guys! Yes, I'm a second year medical student at the Texas A&M Health Science Center. I'll be sure to leave my aggie ring in the car when I head out there, haha.

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to love using the Excal in the surf! It can really find the deep stuff. Plus don't forget to rinse it with fresh water after each use. If this your first time beach hunting make sure you have a pouch to keep all your finds in. What type of scoop are you taking with you? Good luck :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread