Heading to Galveston with Newish Waders

B

Big1011Guy

Claudia and I are Heading to Galveston Today to try out my Newish Waders that I just bought off of E-bay. Claudia has NO Desire to get in the water so she will check out the Dry Sand area. The Waders are Neoprene Chest High with Boots Attached. I am SOOOOO Happy that I was able to guesstimate the right size Waders to fit over this Pleasantly Plump Body of Mine. I enclosed pictures and for a $40.00 winning bid - including Shipping I made a heck of a deal. The Company I bought them from is wildwestbargain on E-bay. They Definitely deserve some props for their merchandise and fast shipping time. Check-em out!!!
I KNOW - I KNOW - I will be Careful and I won't go out to far, hopefully the waves will be calmish, we will see. Will post finds and experience later tonight.
Guy

Attachments

• Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
well at least the suspenders have quick realeses on them
I dont think I would try it
one wave over your head and youll be fighting for your life
be carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great deal, think you will like them....just get the Pfd next and you will be set. Nothing like being dry and warm. Got a friend that has a pair just like those, after getting gloves and a few other goodies from BassPro...he was in for 200 dollars............ 40 dollars :icon_thumleft: , got to love that ebay.... Good luck.Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch for rouge waves while you are putting that found ring in a secure place. It is best to not even look at the targets you find till you get back in the car. You don't know who is watching you these days. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

NEBeachcomber

Jan 23, 2006
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, CZ6a, CZ21
Minelab Sovereign GT
Pick up a "quick release type" mesh belt and wear it tightened around your waist (or slightly higher). This well help to stem the onslaught of any sneaky wave, or wrong step into deeper water, that could put water over the top of you waders. This belt won't keep you dry but it should help keep your waders from filling up with water and possibly pulling you under. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Thanks miamidave, OldeBeechnut, Sandman and NEBeachcomber for your replies.
I'm back and all I can say is WOW, that is the best $40.00 investment I have made in a long time.
The Waders are Great!!!!!!!! I will never leave home without 'em!!!!! I stayed nice and dry and warm and actually Sweated a Few Pounds Off-I Hope.
I know all you Anti-Waders Individuals will think I am Crazy, and that's OK, cause people have been tellin' me I am Crazy all my life, but I ACTUALLY FEEL MORE SECURE and SAFE IN THE WATER with the Waders on than I do without them. Galveston is My Home Beach and I am Glad I have a beach to go to, but Galveston Beach/Water has a lot of Seaweed, Jellyfish etc... that likes to grab a hold of your legs and with the Waders on I can concentrate on Walking and Searching and not Jumpin' every time something grabs my legs. The Waves Today were relatively calmish and I had a blast. It has been awhile since I worked out My lower back muscles like I did today, but we are going back tomorrow for another round. Iwill post our finds later- No Rings, but more stuff to add to my "Trash To Treasures Statue" that I am making. "Have Waders Will Travel"
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread