Heading to Last Chance over New Years

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Please let us know how you do, I have been looking at running down there myself, but want to talk to some others about their luck before heading down there. I hear that there are still some pretty good nuggets to be found out there. :thumbsup:

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
What luck? It's sure been great weather for a desert trip. Bet the nites were cold (by Calif standards sorry east coast)

OP
OP
FireCkrEd

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we didnt make it yet.... I ended up sick and then friends came into town. I wrote to the group "the friends of last chance canyon" to get some info from them but Iv'e yet to recieve a reply. Hopefully we will get on the road near the end of Jan.

Ed

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
Ed,

Let me know if you need any info. I live close to there and have the "Friends of Last Chance Canyon" map. On highway 14, about a mile or two from the turnoff on Garlock road the rangers station has tons of info.

OP
OP
FireCkrEd

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sierra, I wrote to them twice about parking for a 36' motorhome and havent recieved a reply. Are they still around ? I figured it would be a great area to take the family, i they get bored we can visit Burro Schmidt's tunnel and Walt Bickel's camp for fun.

Ed

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
No Prob for an RV. People just park anyplace they want. I'm pretty sure nobody gets any kind of official permission. There is also an old airstrip a couple of miles away that lots of RVs park on. Its about 3 miles east of the Garlock town site. You can see it on google earth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread