Heading to Wisconsin for two weeks

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all.

I haven't been out metal detecting or prospecting for a little over a month now. Summer is my busy season so it's work --> sleep --> work this time of year.

My job is sending me to Milwaukee (Oak Creek) from September 20 - October 3. It looks like my schedule will be work Sunday-Thursday with Friday and Saturday off, unless I am asked to work Friday, in which case I have to.

I plan on bringing my AT Pro with me. It appears that I am going to be staying pretty close to Lake Michigan, which is exciting. If anyone has any interest in meeting up, or letting me know of any areas of interest that I should check out, feel free to let me know here or PM me. I will be sure to read up on any laws before I leave.

Thanks all, and happy hunting! Enjoy the day!

-Jay

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in south eastern Wisconsin for 35 years. I wasn't into metal detecting when I lived there. But I can tell you there is a whole lot of Lake Michigan shore line. Next time I visit my son's in Kenosha my detector will be in hand. Hope you have a great trip.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The biggest old park in Milwaukee is in the NE corner, Lake Park. It's near the lake & was established in 1874. Just S of there is Bradford Beach, as the name suggests on Lake Michigan. Milwaukee does have some other large parks circa 1900, that are closer to Oak Creek. You can look at google maps for more ideas. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both! I'm not sure how much time I will have to detect but I love the prospect of some place new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread