Headphone adapter for AT Pro...warning.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to give a fair warning on this product. I very seldom water hunt and wanted to use more comfortable headphones. Went to hook up this adapter and plugged it in, but couldn't get the threads to catch. Unplugged it and re-plugged it in, still wouldn't catch and i didn't want to cross-thread it. Last attempt, went to unplug it and the 2 pins pulled out along with the rubber insert.

Going to try and re-wire and sodder (sp) it, but think i just wasted $30. Grrr!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you purchased a Garrett product just call them; they will replace it NC.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to me last week. I actually did the same thread about it. I called Garrett, and they said they'd send one out to me right away. Maybe they just had a bad batch? Crazy, I thought I was the only one. Call them, they'll take care of you. They really are the most pleasant people to work with when something goes wrong, I've never seen customer service like that! Good luck!

Ron

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to me last week. I actually did the same thread about it. I called Garrett, and they said they'd send one out to me right away. Maybe they just had a bad batch? Crazy, I thought I was the only one. Call them, they'll take care of you. They really are the most pleasant people to work with when something goes wrong, I've never seen customer service like that! Good luck!

Ron

Thanks for the info. I hate to complain, but hell, i didn't even get a chance to try it out. I'll call them tonight. Thanks again to all.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just want to follow up on this thread. I contacted Garrett and they're sending me a replacement free of charge. WHAT! Now, i see the customer services everyone speaks of. Well done Garrett, thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread