Headphone jack options

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an adapter for the AT line wherein you can use ear bud style or other typical headphones? I like to use cheap Dollar Store headphones draped around my neck. I understand I'm losing tone quality but don't care to have my hearing sense muffled while I'm alone in the wild... Also helpful on these 90+ degree days.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Garrett makes an adapter that goes to a 1/4 jack. Then you can buy a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter at most electronic stores for the ear buds. That's the setup I use, and for the same reason. Works fine. Just make sure your 1/4 to 1/8 adapter is stereo in and stereo out.

HH RN

OP
OP
scavanau

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Garrett makes an adapter that goes to a 1/4 jack. Then you can buy a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter at most electronic stores for the ear buds. That's the setup I use, and for the same reason. Works fine. Just make sure your 1/4 to 1/8 adapter is stereo in and stereo out.

HH RN

Perfect. I already have a 1/4 to 1/8 90 degree adapter. Just need to look up this Garrett part.

OP
OP
scavanau

scavanau

Jul 7, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace-250, AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And... ordered! Thanks again RN.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is the volume with that setup ? I use a monster cable Y splitter with volume control and apple ear buds . This way I do not blow my ears off .

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is the volume with that setup ? I use a monster cable Y splitter with volume control and apple ear buds . This way I do not blow my ears off .
It's comfortable for me

HH RN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread