Headphone Question

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working around machines, and sheet metal. Most of my life. It does take a toll on your hearing. Am eligible for retirement in about 23 months. At that time would like to upgrade to a MXT. Been considering a set of head phones for it. Noticed the black widow headphones for challenged hearing. Would anyone recommend these, or something else? Would love to hear your comments.
Boris

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have about 25% hearing loss in one ear and I use KOSS headphones with volume control. They are plenty loud enough plus they only cost about $35 to $40 which is considerably less than the Black Widows.

OP
OP
Count Boris

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MayberryMonte said:
I have about 25% hearing loss in one ear and I use KOSS headphones with volume control. They are plenty loud enough plus they only cost about $35 to $40 which is considerably less than the Black Widows.
That's kind of what I'm wondering. I use a set of Koss with adjustable volume on my M6. Just not sure if paying more money, will help me hear those deep weak signals.
Boris

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I use mine with a 250 and I'm still learning it. I figure I'm not going to hear everything and I'm going to miss some signals so I just don't worry about it. Even though I've only been detecting about 4 months, I can see how you can invest a lot of money on accessories which don't equate into more or better finds. Good luck. Gomer says"hey".

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't need the most expensive headphones, but do buy decent ones. The giveaways with detector deals and those for $20 or so just don't give the crisp sound that better phones do. I have and use several and can give the more expensive Grey Ghost line good marks and several of the Koss models have been good, and for the price, the White's Royal maroon ones are pretty decent on my MXT. My two bits.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread