Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my WS5 headphones are screwed up. A while back I noticed they’d only have sound in the right ear. A few jiggles and they would be fine. Now they’re at the point that no matter what I do, the left side is totally dead. I took both sides apart and the wires look to be attached, so I’m at a loss.

My question is- should I send them to the manufacturer for repair, or have them repaired by a local electronics repair person. I got the DEUS in 2014 so I’m sure the warranty has expired, and I don’t really care anyway. I just need them fixed as soon as humanly possible!

Anybody else here had to send theirs in for repairs?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on when in 2014 you got them. They have a 5 year warranty.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So my WS5 headphones are screwed up. A while back I noticed they’d only have sound in the right ear. A few jiggles and they would be fine. Now they’re at the point that no matter what I do, the left side is totally dead. I took both sides apart and the wires look to be attached, so I’m at a loss.

My question is- should I send them to the manufacturer for repair, or have them repaired by a local electronics repair person. I got the DEUS in 2014 so I’m sure the warranty has expired, and I don’t really care anyway. I just need them fixed as soon as humanly possible!

Anybody else here had to send theirs in for repairs?

Head phones are very simple .

You have a crossover wire that goes from one side to the other..sounds like it is broken inside. You jiggle it around and it comes and goes..internal issue with the cable...more then likely a stress point.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Smokey is right. Check the warranty. As OBN mentions it’s an Easy repair though if out of warranty.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I contacted Detector Electronics Corp in Massachusetts and they are going to fix them. They do work for XP, and they said it’s a known problem. My warranty has expired, but it will be fixed for free because of this.

The only bad part is it’s going to take a couple of weeks to ship, fix, and return. I only have 6 weeks until freeze up!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I contacted Detector Electronics Corp in Massachusetts and they are going to fix them. They do work for XP, and they said it’s a known problem. My warranty has expired, but it will be fixed for free because of this.

The only bad part is it’s going to take a couple of weeks to ship, fix, and return. I only have 6 weeks until freeze up!

Detector Electronics Corp is a great company to deal with. I had an issue with my headphones earlier this year and the turn around time was less than a week.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then ship quickly. And use your backup while waiting. This is why we have backups and backups to backups...

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear Detector Electronics Corp is a good company! I have my old ATPro as a backup so at least I can still do some digging while I wait.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to DEC/XP Americas for the out of warranty free repair.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellas, I received my “repaired” headphones today.

They sent me a brand new set, totally free, even paid to ship them to me. Pretty awesome considering my warranty was expired.

I’m very impressed with Deus and Detector Electronics Corp to say the least!

Now I just have to figure out how to sync them to my Detector lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread