Headphones for AT Gold

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been swinging an AT Gold for nearly a year and absolutely love it. My only issue is the stock headphones seem to fall apart at the worst possible times so I am looking to upgrade to something better. I would like headphones that are at least rain/water resistant, are comfortable, have good sound with adjustable volume and do not fall apart. I hunt mainly on land but occasionally go into creeks and ponds. Can anyone offer suggestions on headphones that fit my criteria and will work well with my machine? Appreciate any response. Thanks and have a happy 2016!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not sure what others will say but I love my Killer B Wasp Optima's!

smokumjames

Greenie
Mar 24, 2015
Fort Lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for the same thing my headphones have a short in them and are not working. Looking to upgrade as well something that will work with an ACE 350

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghost makes a pair for the at. Not sure how good they are, but they do have a volume adjustment on them and are water proof. Been looking at them for the wife's at pro. I have the pair of water proof for the ctx, but not really impressed with them as the fit is not the best. I also have killer bee's which I love! Not sure if they make any though for the at line. They have the 1/4 " plug and not sure if they would fit the Ace 350. Hope this helps!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grey Ghost makes a pair for the at. Not sure how good they are, but they do have a volume adjustment on them and are water proof. Been looking at them for the wife's at pro. I have the pair of water proof for the ctx, but not really impressed with them as the fit is not the best. I also have killer bee's which I love! Not sure if they make any though for the at line. They have the 1/4 " plug and not sure if they would fit the Ace 350. Hope this helps!

I can only comment on the time I had the wireless Gray Ghost for my Deus and I have to say they were very well made and the audio was wonderful. The only issue was for me, they fit tight to my head and would give me a slight tension headache with prolong use. I think if GG would use a soft leather cup material it would make a world of difference. That is why I opted this last time to go Killer B. The soft leather cups feel great for prolong use.

But other than that, GG are worth every penny!

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only comment on the time I had the wireless Gray Ghost for my Deus and I have to say they were very well made and the audio was wonderful. The only issue was for me, they fit tight to my head and would give me a slight tension headache with prolong use. I think if GG would use a soft leather cup material it would make a world of difference. That is why I opted this last time to go Killer B. The soft leather cups feel great for prolong use.

But other than that, GG are worth every penny!

I can only comment on grey ghost against the killer b's. I do like my killer b's but they don't make any that are water proof. Plus I will say that the grey ghost I have are used so may be why they fit funny.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the Waterproof Garrett machines.....the Grey Ghost Amphibians cant be beat!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The first thing you do with the cheap AT headphones is get some super glue and electr tape and super glue the cord going into the headphones and then wrap it tight with tape.
My at pro set has a short and I took them apart and fixed three times but they failed again.
The problem is that the cord inside gets to moving around and breaks the wires/contacts. Glue that sucka tight and taped=no more issues.
I have made this fix on the set that came with my at gold and they have never failed!
I do have a set of the grey gost amphibians and they are extremely tight and uncomfortable to wear.
The chaepo's that come with these machines are comfy to wear and work very well.....once you make the fix.

OP
OP
C

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ended up buying the Gray Ghost Amphibians. Hooked them up yesterday and dug a couple targets in the backyard. So far I like them. Real test is this weekend; rain, rain and more rain... Happy hunting and thanks for all the replies! ☺

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread