Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s great the HP’s worked out and hopefully saved you some expense from buying the Minelab brand. Good luck!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out with the Miccus SR-71 headphones.
I was told they are identical to the ones that come with the Equinoxl 800 but without the Minelab logo.
They work great, volume and tone are excellent. Sure wish they were waterproof

The SR-71's are a great set of headphones. I have been using them for over a year detecting without a problem. Yes they are not waterproof or even water resistant. Note that Quest makes a set of water/rain resistant BT APTX-LL headphones (Model HE) for the Equinox. At $99 US list they are a little more expensive but they can be worn in the rain or occasionally dunked. The only full up waterproof headphones are typically wired phones (varous models) that are designed to be submerged and even used under water. Note that Bluetooth cannot be used if either the control head or headphones are continuously submerged as the wireless radio signal cannot penetrate the water more than a couple of inches. If you are looking for full sized water resistant phones, I have only found the Quests. Sound Peats Q12 BT APTX LL earbuds are similarly water and sweat resistant. HTH

jebainbridge

Jul 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still need the WM08 module to se the headphones?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The WM08 is simply another wireless option you can use with either the 600 or 800. The WM08 module is a separate different wireless module (i.e., non-bluetooth) that also connects wirelessly to the Equinox that allows you to connect wirelessly to the Equinox using your choice of wired phones. If you have the 600, all you need is a set of bluetooth APTX Low Latency headphones to go wireless. The WM08 is expensive to obtain separately (it's included with the 800), so not really a cost effective wireless solution for 600 users. HTH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread