Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I use one, crummy connection though. The 1/4" end rotates and cuts out causing a super loud target signal from the detector speaker. It scares all the critters in the woods and makes me feel like I'm being watched. Simple fix with some zipties.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dream headset would be single cup killer b's with a Garrett AT plug. I couldn't find any so I settled for Rattlers. They're nice but very tight.

They make a single sided set of killer bs.
Might try emailing him and asking if it can be fitted with the Garett plug?
Email address was posted earlier in the thread.

Noah

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I use one, crummy connection though. The 1/4" end rotates and cuts out causing a super loud target signal from the detector speaker. It scares all the critters in the woods and makes me feel like I'm being watched. Simple fix with some zipties.

Very true. Anytime you can eliminate extra pieces, reliability increases.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those Killer B's..

Just got my wasps in the mail!!!
Wow they sound a whole lot different than anything I've tried!!!
The tone is so crisp!!!! I can see how it would be easier to learn the nuances of the Tesoro tone with these. I might have to relearn some stuff!!!
That speaker makes the tone sound very low. Not in these babies!!!

Ha!
Try 'em with your older high-tone machines...
Coins practically tell you their date and mintmark!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a single sided set of killer bs.
Might try emailing him and asking if it can be fitted with the Garett plug?
Email address was posted earlier in the thread.

Noah

Says on their website if you need a custom set to call them.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going get the Sunray Gold Pro's here I think just too many good things everyone is saying.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my research John makes both killer B's and sunray gold headphones, so you're in good hands

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just today I ordered Killer B's II, from Colonial. First time ever.

Pondered wireless, but to me dealing with a cord seems easier than dealing with batteries. That's just my opinion. Could very well be wrong. I've learned to go with my gut.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll like them Vern. Same place I got mine but through eBay because it was easier and didn't have to set up another account.

I'm still considering the Garrett z-lynk. Impressive battery life @ 30 hours and can be charged anywhere. Also has a light that flashes at 4-5 hours left, so no chance of them dying out of nowhere.

And you can use any headphones with them. :-)

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stefan
I actually studied on the Z-Link. My reasoning was if I choose to go that route later, well at least I'd have a good set of headphones.
I ordered mine from Colonial 's ebay store.
Can't wait to get them. There is a ball park I love to hunt, but it's right by the freeway. The noise is unreal.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll like them. The audio to me sounds so much different than anything else I've used.

I did notice the limiter not only cuts to volume as a whole which I don't really like, but also stops the ability to hear signals as different based on depth. What I mean is without the limiter on the signal volume changes from shallow to deep, but with the limiter it's lower at the same volume setting on the dial and the audio doesn't get quieter as it gets deeper. So I probably won't use the limiter too much unless I'm looking for deep stuff and have the volume up. But it does help with the batter check tone lol

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, what real world situation benefits from the limiter switch?
Thanks again guys.

It allows you to crank the volume of the headphone so that you can hear fainter (deeper) targets and not be blown away by loud (shallow) targets.

Edit: Can also be used in conjunction with a inline amplifier to really kick the volume up.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course I really don't know yet, but from what you are saying, I will probably go limiter off. Especially in parks. Open field, limiter on. Hmmm.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course I really don't know yet, but from what you are saying, I will probably go limiter off. Especially in parks. Open field, limiter on. Hmmm.

Exactly. Its good for hearing faint signals. I'm not 100% but Im thinking the limiter is used on machines that dont have silent search mode (you can hear the threshold all the time). Its the slight wavers in the threshold your listening for. Targets to deep to show up on the VDI (if you have one) but able to lightly bip the threshold.

Using this on my MXT, dug a broken plow head at like 2.5 feet with a 9.5" coil...

Edit: I guess it could be used with silent search.. just have to listen to the lightest of sounds.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly. Its good for hearing faint signals. I'm not 100% but Im thinking the limiter is used on machines that dont have silent search mode (you can hear the threshold all the time). Its the slight wavers in the threshold your listening for. Targets to deep to show up on the VDI (if you have one) but able to lightly bip the threshold.

Using this on my MXT, dug a broken plow head at like 2.5 feet with a 9.5" coil...

Edit: I guess it could be used with silent search.. just have to listen to the lightest of sounds.

Yes yes. Sounds that are too deep for a VID reading (I have the great DeLeon). In an open area (like a plowed field) or in the woods, where it seems okay to dig a deeper and wider hole, this should open up some good stuff. I'd be happy with a plow. Just gotta be willing and ready to dig.
Guys, believe it or not, this is good stuff for the newbies. Thanks.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took delivery on a set of Killer B's II, today. Already tried them out, my first time using headphones.
My first conclusion is that the Killer B's, my Deleon, and I will make a fine 3-some.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, still liking your Killer B's?
I have a DetectorPro Rattler for my Xterra 705. I have always liked the idea of being "aware" of my surroundings, but with my increasingly poor hearing, maybe a good set of doubles would make a difference.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
single cup..?

...I have a DetectorPro Rattler for my Xterra 705. I have always liked the idea of being "aware" of my surroundings..

Bill, how have you liked using those Rattler, single cup headphones? I still love my Killer B's but do get nervous when walking through the brush.. Thinking about getting a Killer B's single cup headphone for some areas I detect. I always stare at the ground, and would hate to walk up on momma bear or an aggressive snake. Mountain lions here too, but they'll sneak up from behind; not alot you can do..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread