Headphones

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure about the Ace 250 - some detectors have an alarm signal rather than a varying tone - but with my detectors headphones make ALL the difference. The weak signals can be the deepest and best coins. It also helps to interpret trash; which usually has a squeak or hard constant sound rather than a nice vowel sound. They also help me focus on the detector sounds and ignore the ambient noise. On the F75 the audio circuits are seperate from the video ones so it is a great help in interpreting targets. The Musketeer is audio only and headphones are a must if you are serious about finding deep items.

Recently I have been using a single earpiece Rattler headphone and I love it. My Black Widows block out all outside noise short of gunfire and I have had the bejesus startled out of me many, many times.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
head phones are nice when around other people detecting or a high noise area and since the ACE 250 doesn't have volume control
you can do it through ear phones.

Drache

Mar 20, 2009
Likely, BC Canada
I don't have my detector yet but the headphones I have also cancel out allot of the background noise (makes it easier to hear). They are a cheaper knock off the Boss Noise Canceling Headphones.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Drache said:
I don't have my detector yet but the headphones I have also cancel out allot of the background noise (makes it easier to hear). They are a cheaper knock off the Boss Noise Canceling Headphones.

How bout the brand and kind u have, or maybe a link?

Thanx

Cachefinder-

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
It depends on where you hunt. I hunt city parks in Dallas, and while I am sure the beep beep of my detector can be a bit annoying, I do not want anyone to be able to sneak up on me.

Drache

Mar 20, 2009
Likely, BC Canada
Cachefinder said:
Drache said:

Thanx

Cachefinder-

They are made by COBY (CV-192) and were only about $30 CDN from Zellers. They don't block out ALL the noise like the Boss ones do, but instead they block out certain frequencies. They take a single AAA battery to operate the noise cancellation but they still work as normal headphones without the battery.

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
Cachefinder said:
Drache said:

Thanx

Cachefinder-

This might not help, but I stopped by BigLots yesterday. They had Knockoff noise canceling headphones for $20. Not sure if they have Biglots in AZ... http://www.biglots.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread