Headphones

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Volume control is one reason, also a coiled cable is much more useful than a straight cable that can tangle with the detector and also can't extend

Last edited:

treasure search

Jan 26, 2013
MID WEST
Detector(s) used
YOU NAME IT. I'VE USED IT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they work for you then its ok. I've tried them , but not enough volume in windy conditions, also if your near brushy area they will get hung and pulled from your ears. I like the smaller size with standard plug for summer use as they are light and good impedance from detector internal speaker. Fairly reasonable ones at Radio Shack for $25.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they work for you then its ok. I've tried them , but not enough volume in windy conditions, also if your near brushy area they will get hung and pulled from your ears. I like the smaller size with standard plug for summer use as they are light and good impedance from detector internal speaker. Fairly reasonable ones at Radio Shack for $25.

Thanks for the info treasure search- have been wondering whether I needed to buy an expensive (ex.-@$100) pair of phones or something less $$$ would work well. I have a R.S. on the other side of town that I'll check out. yelnif...

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can wear earbuds, but the wires aren't durable for catching on branches. You can find some detector headphones from approx $25- $150. As you go up in price, they block out ambient noise, have higher OHM ratings, limiter circuits, and stereo /mono switches for compatibility with various brands of detectors.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread