Headphones

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I use them all the time, unless I forget them, not to say that's ever happened ;D

I personally think they help a great deal, cuts out much of the background noise and lets you hear the small and/or deep stuff easier.

Dudes

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use them all the time just because I got used to wearing them. Back in the early 70s when I first started hunting, all that was available was the TR type of detector. Using a TR detector required the need to hear very faint signals. With the newer detectors I don't think it is as big a problem. If you are looking for deep signals I would still recommend them especially if there are people around who don't want to hear the detector sound off every time you get a signal.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
It takes a lot smaller signal to drive the earphones than a big old speaker(s) !
You can then find? ?:o? those Tiny Teeny nuggets!
AND!
I have a friend who has a couple of $ Quart $ Jars $ full of them,? :P? that I'd sure like to have!? ?::)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would NEVER Detect without them.

Not Only for Signals, But also for Battery Life.

J E F F

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, how much more battery life do you get when using headphones?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know,ethabs, because I have nothing to Compare it to.

as I said, I won't detect without them.

But, It has been Said for Many years, that it saves,

and I can see how, as Cptbil says, it does take alot less power, to run headphones.

Wayne from Maine

Mar 22, 2005
Portland Maine
Wouldn't be without them! Not only those little signals but also:

1. Keep you ears warm
2. keep those pesky mosqutoes out of your ears.
3. Helps to to keep those pesky questions out of ears!

KB4IAZ

Greenie
Jan 31, 2005
I use them all the time now. My detector manual lists battery life at 20 hours using headphones. I didn't use them at first and did go through batteries pretty fast. It has something to do with the power needed to drive the speaker in the machine is greater than the power needed to drive the cans.

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
Headphones also cut down on all those noises going on around you...stuff like kids, traffic and that kinda stuff.

Steeler Fan

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I don't like head phones that much. Battery life is a big plus, but I had a cancer removed from my ear and head phones bother me.
I'm using an ear plug w/ an adapter from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch and it works great and I hear things from MD and outside. Radio shack just a couple bucks. And it doesn't get hot in warm weather

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions