Headphones

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Insulation to eliminate background noise.

Beefier components - less chance of failure where cable enters headset or "clicking" from cable movement.

Quality components - less chance of breakage.

Noise limiter circuitry - set the volume high without blowing your eyes & eardrums out when you run over an aluminum can.

Volume switch on phones means you can crank up the detector volume. That's thought to be an advantage by many.

I've got a set of Black Widows and a Rattler. Both excellent headphones.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
A good set of headphones allows you to hear those iffy signals and saves on your detectors batteries. The speaker on the detector is quite a distance from your ears and could cost you a target.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Shane, these are the reasons for better headphones as well as the ones already mentioned. It's what they are made of. You don't really realize how annoying just the sound the cheap ones make are until putting on a good set.

RatPhones Features
Cannot be beat

*Sealed high power controls with tight rotation feel and high reliability over 25,000 life cycles.
*Field replaceable tough polyurethane cable.
*Multi-Machine compatible.
*Pro-Leather Cushions that will never harden provide excellent isolation and comfort.
*Aerospace Teflon wiring (600V/200°C)
*No switches needed. Just reverse cable ends!
*Compatible with both parallel tip-ring (Tesoro, Troy, Whites) and series tip-ring machines. (Minelab, Garrett, Fisher).
*Mono capable on stereo machines (Nautilus).
*20Hz to 20Khz natural response and loud!
*Rare earth cobalt speakers.
*Fully Foldable design for compact carry or storage.
*Sensitivity 117db at 1mW
*SNR rating 28db for high super quiet noise isolation.
*270 ohms (285 single, 300 EX), 600 ohm speakers.
*Dual low profile molded right angle plugs.
*Cable length 3 to 12 ft. (retracted/extended)
*Quality jack with gold plated contacts.
*Head weight 10.72 ounces. That's 1.28 Oz lighter than other brands and you still get the full 28db cup.
*Lifetime limited warranty!
*Custom stereo, filter or limiter available.
*Complete with warranty, instructions & Rat tail.

RatPhones
Single Volume
(One control adjusts both sides)
List $105.82

$94
See Dealers

Single volume Ratphones have the same great performance and speakers as dual volume Ratphones with a little more volume. (Just a little).
If you don't need to adjust for hearing in your left or right ears, go single volume for quicker adjustment in the field.

1/8 inch
Adapter
Minelab XS
$6

This adapter will not be obstructed by the battery cover. The 7" length also prevents stress on your jack.

Not your typical cable!

Our custom molded cords must be the best headphone cord in the industry. Not only do they expand to at least 12 feet, but they have a polyurethane jacket rather than inexpensive soft PVC. This means you can stretch them beyond that and they still bounce back like new, time and time again!
Long enough to stand up and dig, and small enough when recoiled to stay out of the way. The extra long straight ends of the coil (tangents) wont get tangled up with your clothing either.
They can now be used on a stereo machine to hear in mono. Something not possible before with a multi-compatible mono headphones. You will hear both channels in both sides.

I use the Ratphones but have tried some of the others mentioned. All very good quality. If you don't get any before Noodles hunt you can try the various makers there as there will be quite a variety I am sure.

Bill

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for all the replies. Bill I am sold.........heck I would use those with my music hobby as well........I record alot and such. Will have to start checking around for the best price. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread